Installing HIDS?

Speed King

Banned
I just have a question about installing DDM HIDS.

Do the HIDS hook up to the OEM harness thats already on the bike? Is it pretty much plug and play?

I already have the front nose of my busa off and don't want to "F" anything up.

from what i understand yes,not sure the brand of mine and they were plug and play.nice and easy.they should come with some sort of instructions

Yep, one pos, one ground go into your oem bulb harness. All other connectors are done through the DDM harness.

I thought it be a confusing install also, but honestly once you disconnect the OEM head light bulbs, figuring out where the HID plug and play wires go is pretty simple. Just take your time no need to rush. DDM FTW!

Look up my thread on BLANCAS....oh well here it is .
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...as-new-granny-blinders-genii-hid-install.html

Should help greatly.
Lower one the high beam will plug right up.
Top one which is low beam you will just stick tabs into plug as in thread.
Wrap tabs or wires to make sure they won't come out and then wrap em up with elec tape . You'll be fine .

At park with family playing dominoes and I'm up 10 bucks .
These cubans aren't letting me leave park with my $ but I'll check back to see

No worries just take your time.
THE ONLY CUTTING OR MODDING YOU WILL DO is to trim bulb as shown in thread to make it fit !

No worries just take your time.
THE ONLY CUTTING OR MODDING YOU WILL DO is to trim bulb as shown in thread to make it fit !

P.S Thanks for your other post on how to install, I dont think i would have known what to do without reading your other post on how to install HIDS, I had to keep coming back to my computer when ever I got stuck to read your post, well done:thumbsup:

Your right, i am done except for mounting the two ballets. Hardest part was trying to get the bulbs to fit in the housing.

Get the ballasts mounted as far away from your gauges as possible - preferably on your ram air tubes. Otherwise you might experience some erratic behavior from your gauges.

My clock has reset twice but other than that zero probs.
Strange thing is I look at clock first thing all the time.
It lost seven hrs exactly twice WHILE SITTING !!!!
Every time when started or riding it's fine.
Just twice I have noticed when just rolling it out clock is off.
Weird ?

Back