Here to Clear the TRICKY Air!

:bowdown: WOW BigRod, I stand corrected, I will work to dial in my settings, But for me stretch 8 1/2 over with a 240 it was a major difference in ride, however I can say that I don't have my system set up for PSI readings, but its coming.

From Postal:
You did Great Rod! I've never seen a fatty corner like that. You've also raised the bar for Fatties everywhere. Now they have to learn to rock-n-roll like you in the corners. I was pushing it pretty hard through the corners and you were right there on my back bumper the whole time. Excellent riding my friend!

Tom.

Sargeroni:
I just got home, the New England crew are still riding north, they should be home late tonight.
So, I've been doing ECHR group rides with (Postal) Tom since 2004. This was definitely one of the best. Good people, good bikes, good weather, good roads, good riding = a good day. I was happily surprised that we all rode with a comparable skill level, so no one got left behind, There was never more than a few seconds gap between the lead rider and the trail rider, despite the challenging twisties being new to 1/2 of the riders. Props to Tom, Paul, and Eddie for rolling hard through the twisties on lowered and stretched bikes.
My biggest surprise of the day came from Bigrod330 (Rod). I watched him rail that 330 beast through the twisties like he was on a 750. This man has mad skillz and big ballz. Bro, that was pure poetry, I'll ride with you anywhere, anytime!

Quotes from EBC forum at the ECHR June 13th ride.:beerchug:

:bowdown:

:bowdown: WOW BigRod, I stand corrected, I will work to dial in my settings, But for me stretch 8 1/2 over with a 240 it was a major difference in ride, however I can say that I don't have my system set up for PSI readings, but its coming.

I have PSI guages on both sides of the cylinder, but you only realy need the comfort side to monitor to get your correct PSI for diff riding styles. Im stiffer for drag racing, very for street, and now I know the sweet spot for twisties. I seem to always set the hight full up, but then adjust the comfort PSI that pulles the bike down in hights. ITs the way dual chamber setup works.:beerchug:

Wow! A lot of feed back since I was last on here, ok, where to start...

I guess I'll talk about the "dual chamber" set up and how that relates to "rebound control" and your level of riding comfort. I'm going to assume that most of you know that in the world of air rides there are a number of different methods. Some people use "dual chamber", some people call it "bleed and feed". The basic concept is that if you have a piston in a cylinder, you apply air pressure to both sides of the piston to try to maintain a particular riding height. By adjusting the pressue in one "chamber" to a greater amount or a lesser amount in the opposing "chamber", you are effectively contolling the dampening effect of the shock, "rebound control". Now, I'll explain how ours works. Keep in mind some people call ours a single chamber or what have you, but it is still just a piston in a cylinder. Also keep in mind I'm not explaining how an entire other category works - just how ours works... what ours does is it applies air pressure to the top of the piston only, the pressure is fully adjustable, therefore the ride height is fully adjustable. On the bottom side of the piston no air pressure is applied, instead the pressure is allowed to fluctuate. The dampening effect is created by a rebound control valve that is fitted on the bottom end of the shock, what this does is throttle the air moving in and out of the bottom of the shock. The effect is very similar to the effect created by oil moving through the orifice in a conventional shock. On our shock the valve can be opened more to create a softer/spongier rebound or closed more to make a more rigid/bouncier rebound.

We have found often times that people who have our redesigned generation 2 shock who still complain about the pogo effect haven't realized what the gold fitting on the shock was for. Once informed, however, they were able to dial in the comfort level and then they found it to be a very comfortable ride.

:worthless:

From Postal:
You did Great Rod! I've never seen a fatty corner like that. You've also raised the bar for Fatties everywhere. Now they have to learn to rock-n-roll like you in the corners. I was pushing it pretty hard through the corners and you were right there on my back bumper the whole time. Excellent riding my friend!

Tom.

Sargeroni:
I just got home, the New England crew are still riding north, they should be home late tonight.
So, I've been doing ECHR group rides with (Postal) Tom since 2004. This was definitely one of the best. Good people, good bikes, good weather, good roads, good riding = a good day. I was happily surprised that we all rode with a comparable skill level, so no one got left behind, There was never more than a few seconds gap between the lead rider and the trail rider, despite the challenging twisties being new to 1/2 of the riders. Props to Tom, Paul, and Eddie for rolling hard through the twisties on lowered and stretched bikes.
My biggest surprise of the day came from Bigrod330 (Rod). I watched him rail that 330 beast through the twisties like he was on a 750. This man has mad skillz and big ballz. Bro, that was pure poetry, I'll ride with you anywhere, anytime!

Quotes from EBC forum at the ECHR June 13th ride.:beerchug:

Now about those who thought the front was just for show - the front end utilizes the same rebound control technology and is also adjustable. In fact, when used in tandem and dialed in properly the sytem has been pretty effective for some busa drag racers. Some guys we know in South Florida are using it to effectivly increase the amount of throttle they can give at the starting line. Basically, instead of gunning it and popping a wheelie, they are able to dampen the effect of the huge amount of torque. The bike will tend to "squat" on the rear with very little lift on the front. Just FYI:whistle:

Wow! A lot of feed back since I was last on here, ok, where to start...

I guess I'll talk about the "dual chamber" set up and how that relates to "rebound control" and your level of riding comfort. I'm going to assume that most of you know that in the world of air rides there are a number of different methods. Some people use "dual chamber", some people call it "bleed and feed". The basic concept is that if you have a piston in a cylinder, you apply air pressure to both sides of the piston to try to maintain a particular riding height. By adjusting the pressue in one "chamber" to a greater amount or a lesser amount in the opposing "chamber", you are effectively contolling the dampening effect of the shock, "rebound control". Now, I'll explain how ours works. Keep in mind some people call ours a single chamber or what have you, but it is still just a piston in a cylinder. Also keep in mind I'm not explaining how an entire other category works - just how ours works... what ours does is it applies air pressure to the top of the piston only, the pressure is fully adjustable, therefore the ride height is fully adjustable. On the bottom side of the piston no air pressure is applied, instead the pressure is allowed to fluctuate. The dampening effect is created by a rebound control valve that is fitted on the bottom end of the shock, what this does is throttle the air moving in and out of the bottom of the shock. The effect is very similar to the effect created by oil moving through the orifice in a conventional shock. On our shock the valve can be opened more to create a softer/spongier rebound or closed more to make a more rigid/bouncier rebound.

We have found often times that people who have our redesigned generation 2 shock who still complain about the pogo effect haven't realized what the gold fitting on the shock was for. Once informed, however, they were able to dial in the comfort level and then they found it to be a very comfortable ride.

My Buddy has Tricky...and I do NOT recall seeing this rebound control valve on the bottom of the cylinder. WIll look again...before he thoughts it the trash for a dual chamber. SOrry he hates it. Maybe he has your earlier style?

Yeah, our generation 1 shocks were not adjustable and not as comfortable. The problem is this, we invented shock style air suspension 10 years ago (and I know some people might say Legend was out in 98, but we're true shock - no bladder, no bag). It was a new concept and so we were bound to find design flaws eventually and correct them. I'm not going to say names, but the other guys saw our concept and ran with it. So of course they're product will out perform our generation 1 shocks. But not our Gen 2's. The quality bike builders know the difference and they stick with Tricky. The Ed Hardy bike by RIS Designs is ours, the Shaq bike, and all of Perewitz'. Not including the 100's of other bike builders that aren't on TV.

It was a good product back in 03', but it's 2009 now and when you compare apples to apples we're still on top.

Alot of our Builders will have show bikes with our kits. If anyone PM's me with a city they are at, I can always try to find the builder closest to them if they want to drop in and get a hands on demo...

Back