helpful tips for a soon to be rider

ok so far lots of good tips btw lol but i was wonderin if any1 can maybe give me some tips on maintenance and all cuz yea im not much the mechanic but id definitly like to learn how to work and do lots of stuff w/ my bike on my own.

yea broken arrow is awesome somewat far from it myself but was there several times when i was in wrestlin several years back
Clymer should have a manual for the bike you are looking to get but search for a forum with people that have that bike, and u find one there for DL for free. Not telling u to leave this one:laugh: but i don't hink we have a ninja manual available atm even though I am sure many people here have one. Ride to Live and Live to Ride and ur chances of enjoying your ride increase dramatically with some gear too of course

Tip, helpful tip...hmmmmm.....helpful tip...let's see....helpful tip......errr...uhhhh...ummmmm......."Don't ride the Busa to the MSF class before you've graduated the class and you have a MC endorsement !!!!" :super: :super: :super:

Thank YOU !!!!!!! :oldcool:

Don't get that insurance....too high. Contact State Farm......they will (should be much cheaper)......advice..

o nah i know that definitly not get a busa as a first bike way too big a beast for a starter lol...but im gettin a ninja pretty sure a zx7 might be wrong w/ the numbers...but yea and yea i am a very cautious and mature for my age i know to not push my limits and for sure the gear thing is a must lol :p...and on the insurance i checked w/ progressive it wont be actually that bad since ill have taken the course and i'll be 18 very soon and all but yea i know thats online and ima check w/ the local progressive guy in town to like make sure of it and all

Don't get that insurance....too high. Contact State Farm......they will (should be much cheaper)......advice..

Liberty Mutual gives pretty good rates as well. Just like anything else shop around.

On maint get a shop manual or a Haynes manual or something like that. Most of the basic stuff is pretty easy and doing it yourself makes you more familiar with your bike. Also if you are going to do the maintenance invest in a rear\paddock stand.

Respect the throttle.

Remember: Physics can take back control if you're not paying attention.

:rulez:

Last edited:
Use cages to your advantage. Think of it this way - you are the running back with the ball and the cages are your blockers. So for example, when going thru an intersection, use the cages around you to protect you. You may not be seen, but the other cages probably are and blocking traffic for you - use that to your advantage. That being said, always try to keep up with traffic and use it. Never ride in a position between clusters of cages - this puts you in a position where someone wanting to turn in front of you HAS to see you - or splat.

Most riding survival skills are not taught in MFC or ERC - most are thru trial-by-fire (and some get burned unfortunately).

Tip, helpful tip...hmmmmm.....helpful tip...let's see....helpful tip......errr...uhhhh...ummmmm......."Don't ride the Busa to the MSF class before you've graduated the class and you have a MC endorsement !!!!" :super: :super: :super:

Thank YOU !!!!!!! :oldcool:

LOL I did this and they dont like it when you do it. My instructor wasnt happy. But after I was dragging the pegs for a few hours on those little bikes he was cool with it.:thumbsup:

As for advise.....Just have fun and enjoy yourself. And get Aflac Itll come in handy when you dump the bike. And yes it will happen to you.

Ride and practice and ride some more and practice. Stay off of roads that you do not feel good being on. Keep the speed down and work up to it. Always remenber, Even if you have been riding for 50 years you need to say alert. Never listen to the bullpucky that syas "You have never riden and are a true biker until you have fallen"

Back