Help with Undertail

04busaCDN

Registered
Hey guys,

there are 3 wires that come out of the 2004 busa taillight section -- one is brown, one is black w/ white stripe, and one is white w/ black stripe.

I'm having a hard time getting the LED's to light up when I apply the brakes. ... The taillight is working, the turning signals are working, but no brake light.

Any ideaas?

Thanks so much

04BUSACDN

Led's are polarity sensitive! There has to be a ground some where. Brown for running/tail, black&white-white/black neg?
rock.gif

all_coholic.gif

beerchug.gif

I have pictures of how mine is wired. I will upload them later when I get them off my phone. But for the meantime, this will help you get the basic's wired up.

Hope this helps
beerchug.gif

WOW!! Thanks alot guys -- i heard from a local bikeshop owner (auth. Suzuki dealer) that this site was great for busa owners -- you two proved it today!!

V8N3T--- AMAZING instructions--- just wish I had them 3 days earlier before I started my hack job! HAHA!  Naw, it looks alright I guess -- I tried using a special saw thing (like a drummel) with a flexible shaft and realized at the end using a hand saw would have made it way nicer and easier.

ON a side note -- I have a hard time believeing that 6 lousy plastic rivet thingies are gonna hold that undertail on when I'm coming down from a nice mile long stand up!  I guess we'll have to see.

Thanks again!

Back