HELP this lazy a$$

Elsboss

Registered
Apology in advance for not scouring this site better for the info but...

Have an '05 with a bit over 600 clicks on the meter. Called the dealer for the 1st maintenance and they're a month out getting it in. No problem turning wrenches so I'll go grab an oil and filter to do myself. Can anyone please advise what addt'l checks should be done this go around. Thanks,

Elliot

I would grab the downloadable manual pdf, think nickslick has it on his site, and I know I have seen links for it here before, it has listings of all the maintenance schedules for what should be replaced/inspected/adjusted. If you aren't able to find it LMK, and I will send a copy.

All bolts should be checked, coolant level, air pressure, chain ( do not over tighten) thats about it I think.

Definitely read over the manual. Can't help you much more than that since I had my dealer do the first service.

It does not have to go to Suzuki....any motorcycle shop can do the service
wink.gif

Check / Top UP -

a) Break fluid
b) Clutch fluid
c) Coolant

Change -

a) Engine oil
b) Engine oil filter

I also suggest the you lube the chain and sprockets. Some people adjust the headlight beam too... you might want to consider doing it, if you feel the lighs are not "reaching" enough.

Thats about what you have to do in the first service. There is a workshop manual of the Hayabusa, posted in the technical side of this board... It's 70MB (Huge), But I suggest you download it.
smile.gif

Thanks Guys. All stuff that can be done right in the garage. Wanted to give the local dealer a bit of biz and thought there would be more to it. As it turnes out, the dealer is 3 weeks out scheduling service so they have all the biz they need. They're also an ATV and PWC dealer so I won't feel sorry for them. Thanks again,

Elliot

Just so you know if you do not have an authorized agent of Suzuki do this check up and something goes wrong in the first year, your warranty is no good. Until your year is up only have Suzuki work on your bike or the warranty is out the door.

Hmmm, according to the service guy I spoke to yesterday at our Suzuke dealer all I needed to do was save my receipts (oil, filter) and document what I did? I remember the same with the Yamaha FJR when talking to the dealer.

The conversation never suggested or implied that doing my own service or going outside of the dealership would have the consequences you suggest. Anyone ever see this in writing or been told this by a dealer?

Elliot

Back