HELP! SAVE TAIL OF THE DRAGON!

Busa04

Registered
Help! Save Tail Of The Dragon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys, strength in numbers,,, visit killboy.com and tail of the dragon.com find the links and write an e email to the State of tennessee about the gestapo style enforcement.

Thanks for your support!

Joey

Joey,

Thanks for posting up about what most feel is a waste of man power. The more that are aware of the issue, the more voices there are to speak.

The best plan is to get involved, write the people listed on www.tailofthedragon.com and let them know how you you feel and that you will be spending your vacation money elsewhere.

it is SO sad that the cops have to be that bad to the motorcyles there riding. do you think that they will run all the motorcycle off from there?? i donot think so...

(NX95240 @ Aug. 06 2007,11:00) it is SO sad that the cops have to be that bad to the motorcyles there riding. do you think that they will run all the motorcycle off from there?? i donot think so...
i do.

I've been spending quite a bit of hard earned making reservations and travel arrangements to travel from south florida to ride the SE mountains for the past 7 years...i've ridden all of my 49 year old life but started attending mountain rallys in the suches/two, fontana/gap areas w/ my fellow ZRXOA members back in '00..then i made several rallys in the same areas with the FZ1OA...and now with the H.Org Busa Bashs and?...over these years i've seen the older, wiser sportbike vacationers migrate to alternative locations...some on the outskirts of and away from the gap...such as Skeenah Creek...and some that elect to travel a bit further to locations such as Eureka Springs...even Colorado just to NOT RISK dealing with the possibility of a gestapo style lock-down at the gap such as we see now...vacation time, plans and reservations all wasted...when there's more than several other prime riding locations in towns that are far more welcoming than the squid pit known as deals gap.

The ironic part is that sportbiking catapulted itself into popularity so quickly the past few years that we forgot all about policing ourselves...too many foolhardy youngsters out there trying to use the place for a race track and riding waaaaay over their respective heads...allll daaaay looooong...or until they crash...whichever comes first...and that's what abused the area to the point of martial type law stepping in....not the wiser more experienced that would make just a pass or two and enjoy the surrounding areas instead of tempting fate all day long on one measely 11 mile stretch...and ya know what they say about "tempting fate".

It was a beautiful place to ride...but i fear we've already seen the best of it....as all good things must sooner or later come to an end.
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(NX95240 @ Aug. 06 2007,17:00) it is SO sad that the cops have to be that bad to the motorcyles there riding. do you think that they will run all the motorcycle off from there?? i donot think so...
In a way motorcyclists have brought this on ourselves. I have heard many riders bragging about exceeding three digits on the dragon. I don't care if the speed limit is 30 40 or 55, local people who have to use the road daily don't like that kind of behavior. One of my co-workers has a house on Santeelah lake. A short conversation with her and you will get an understanding of how the local folks feel about being passed in blind curves at excessive speeds
rock.gif

(JINKSTER @ Aug. 06 2007,18:17)
(NX95240 @ Aug. 06 2007,11:00) it is SO sad that the cops have to be that bad to the motorcyles there riding. do you think that they will run all the motorcycle off from there?? i donot think so...
i do.

I've been spending quite a bit of hard earned making reservations and travel arrangements to travel from south florida to ride the SE mountains for the past 7 years...i've ridden all of my 49 year old life but started attending mountain rallys in the suches/two, fontana/gap areas w/ my fellow ZRXOA members back in '00..then i made several rallys in the same areas with the FZ1OA...and now with the H.Org Busa Bashs and?...over these years i've seen the older, wiser sportbike vacationers migrate to alternative locations...some on the outskirts of and away from the gap...such as Skeenah Creek...and some that elect to travel a bit further to locations such as Eureka Springs...even Colorado just to NOT RISK dealing with the possibility of a gestapo style lock-down at the gap such as we see now...vacation time, plans and reservations all wasted...when there's more than several other prime riding locations in towns that are far more welcoming than the squid pit known as deals gap.

The ironic part is that sportbiking catapulted itself into popularity so quickly the past few years that we forgot all about policing ourselves...too many foolhardy youngsters out there trying to use the place for a race track and riding waaaaay over their respective heads...allll daaaay looooong...or until they crash...whichever comes first...and that's what abused the area to the point of martial type law stepping in....not the wiser more experienced that would make just a pass or two and enjoy the surrounding areas instead of tempting fate all day long on one measely 11 mile stretch...and ya know what they say about "tempting fate".

It was a beautiful place to ride...but i fear we've already seen the best of it....as all good things must sooner or later come to an end.  
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
beerchug.gif
super.gif
The road is not going away. We just need to learn to respect and play well with others.
poke.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Aug. 06 2007,12
zzwhip.gif
)
(JINKSTER @ Aug. 06 2007,18:17)
i do.

sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

super.gif
The road is not going away.  We just need to learn to respect and play well with others.
poke.gif
well?.....with one leo per mile coverage?...that's a given....meanwhile?....i think i'll be taking a pass on all the fun the current crew of visiting sportbike tourists "aren't" enjoying...sounds more like playing...

"Dodge-A-Cop"

than enjoying a clean brisk ride of the mountains.

vman... writing tail of the dragon isnt going to help...they are just alerting people to the problem the state is doing, writing the state of tennessee through the tail of the dragon web site will help....
thanks joey

For you negative nose in the air replies.... it is not just the sportbikes being profiled.. it is anyone on a motorcycle.....Yes i know the dragon isnt a racetrack and i dont treat it is such when i go... but you are missing the point..... it is a nice road and if you go there as much as i do and talk to the local law enforcement and towns people they are shocked at this also...policing it yes....... pulling over everyone and citing for things such as 2 miles over the speed limit ( yes for real) and other things that normally would get you off with a warning..... that is way overkill.... get your facts straight before you reply..... i mean if 13 cops were on your road where you lived and you got pulled over everyday for no reason i guess you would be okay with that? do you obey the law yourself? dont never speed? always do the posted speed limit? or break any laws on your sportbike? like they say...people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

(Busa04 @ Aug. 06 2007,20:36) vman... writing tail of the dragon isnt going to help...they are just alerting people to the problem the state is doing, writing the state of tennessee through the tail of the dragon web site will help....
thanks joey
That is what I posted bro.

Back