Leo's on US129 in 08!

fishhook

Registered
TAIL OF THE DRAGON EXCLUSIVE "“ The State of Tennessee is spending more than $200,000 of taxpayer's money to add overtime patrols at the Dragon this summer. The Tennessee Highway Patrol is receiving a $75,000 grant and the Blount County Sherriff Office is receiving $125,000. These grants will last through the summer and end on September 30, 2008.

In 2007 Tennessee grants to THP and BCSO for overtime totaled $120,000 and were in force from July 1 to September 30. During this period we witnessed unprofessionalism on the part of both agencies CLICK FOR COMPLETE 2007 TENNESSEE HIGHWAY PATROL FIASCO. The outright harassment of law abiding citizens cost Tennessee businesses millions of dollars in lost revenue. THP's reputation was severely blackened, a major detriment to all enforcement agencies. Tail of the Dragon received some 1,000 complaints from riders and drivers many who promised not to spend a penny in the state.

Hopefully this year Tennessee will provide professional enforcement that will encompass both safety and goodwill toward tourists. Tail of the Dragon will be reporting their attitude on this site.
rock.gif

Didnt have a single problem with law enforcement at Myrtle last year. They were acctually fun to be around. A meeting with the city and myrlte promoters and organizers turned out to be a good thing. The police and the citizens had possitive things to say last year. Maybe the THP and the BCSO should talk to the officles of Myrtle and Atlantic beach. Have fun at the bash and be safe.

Ride the Dragon on weekdays and before 9:00 A.M. and after 6:00 P.M. on weekends. There will be much less Leo presence and traffic in general
smile.gif

There are many other great roads to ride in the area during peak hours on the Dragon
beerchug.gif

Ride the Dragon on weekdays and before 9:00 A.M. and after 6:00 P.M. on weekends.  There will be much less Leo presence and traffic in general
smile.gif

There are many other great roads to ride in the area during peak hours on the Dragon
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
great advice. If your gonna ride it at night make sure you take someone with HID's with ya
whistling.gif

Even if the LEO presence wasn't there 9-6 on the weekends, it gets too crowded to be much fun during those times.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Jaddie @ Mar. 30 2008 said:
1354831[/ATTACH] AM]
If your gonna ride it at night make sure you take someone with HID's with ya  
whistling.gif
Dear Rock

Ride the Dragon at night?

I don't believe I'd do that.
give it a shot.  It's fun  
please.gif

It's not so fun when the lead guy has a light go out  
tounge.gif

whistling.gif
First time I went through at night it was without a HID, and with a tinted shield, not fun. Have HID now and its no problem, just alot different.
smile.gif

zzwhip.gif

whistling.gif

Lessee it was dark, we had already clocked over 700 miles and we hit the dragon (well I was in chase mode) but it is not all that bad... and Doyle? well he was just getting warmed up,,, I had to peg triple digits in the straights to catch up..

I do not think we had a single ticket at fall bash while we were there... We did get some good photos of a THP that was at the overlook and was more than friendly with us..

I really think if you are not throwing stuff in their face (illegally displayed license plates, LOUD pipes, or other blatant reasons to pull you over) I think it helps keep some of the squids away..

Most exciting time I had was doing a stand up in mid turn when the coon dogs jumped me...

Lessee  it was dark, we had already clocked over 700 miles and we hit the dragon (well I was in chase mode) but it is not all that bad... and Doyle? well he was just getting warmed up,,, I had to peg triple digits in the straights to catch up..

I do not think we had a single ticket at fall bash while we were there...  We did get some good photos of a THP that was at the overlook and was more than friendly with us..

I really think if you are not throwing stuff in their face (illegally displayed license plates, LOUD pipes, or other blatant reasons to pull you over) I think it helps keep some of the squids away..

Most exciting time I had was doing a stand up in mid turn when the coon dogs jumped me...

P1030374.JPG

that would be it
smile.gif
thanks Don!
smile.gif
I think Tim was right behind me when the dogs ran out in the road..

smile.gif

Back