Response  "Crackdown on the Gap"

vman1300

Never Forgotten
BULLETIN: We have received numerous emails concerning the recent posting on the Internet by a supposed Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper warning of dire consequences on the Dragon this coming year for speeders. We do not post rumors on this site so we contacted Captain Ray Fletcher of the Knoxville Division Tennessee Highway Patrol. He confirmed as we had believed that some of the details in the post are completely false, such as the immediate arrest and impoundment of vehicles for speeding over 50 mph on the Dragon.

Captain Fletcher was not able to comment on whether or not the post was made by a Trooper, but some of the language, unusual statements and obvious errors as stated above make us believe the post was by someone other than who supposedly signed their name and position to it. Obviously a real Trooper would not jeopardize his job by signing such a post.

Captain Fletcher stated that the laws will be enforced on the Dragon as they are on all Tennessee roadways. Tail of the Dragon advises riders to obey the laws and they will have no trouble with the Tennessee Highway Patrol or Blount County Sheriff Deputies.

We will post relevant news as it occurs in the coming year. Watch for continuous updates.

50...on the dragon... I'm not worried! Unless he shows up at the fire pit and arrests on tales of B.S. I'll be okay!
laugh.gif

Whew, so I'm good to carve the twisties at break neck speeds like I do, right?!

all_coholic.gif

Hey Michelle, you are going to ride it this year? You will do fine. Hey, I got passed by a group of bicycles last year...going uphill.
wow.gif

(PDBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,14:28) Hey Michelle, you are going to ride it this year? You will do fine. Hey, I got passed by a group of bicycles last year...going uphill.  
wow.gif
If I could get myself there on a Wed. or Thurs. I would...since I'll be there Saturday with the rest of you guys, the answer is no
smile.gif

(VaBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,14:34)
(PDBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,14:28) Hey Michelle, you are going to ride it this year? You will do fine. Hey, I got passed by a group of bicycles last year...going uphill.  
wow.gif
If I could get myself there on a Wed. or Thurs. I would...since I'll be there Saturday with the rest of you guys, the answer is no  
smile.gif
Michelle

You can ride with Dadofthree and myself. we will be the back of the pack. I have never ridden TotD, so i am not looking to "carve" up any twisties (i might get carved on if i try, and im recouping now from that). i do want to ride it though, just to say that i have.

i hope to be getting there thursday night.

(badassbusa03 @ Feb. 08 2007,15:27)
(VaBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,14:34)
wow.gif
smile.gif
Michelle

You can ride with Dadofthree and myself. we will be the back of the pack. I have never ridden TotD, so i am not looking to "carve" up any twisties (i might get carved on if i try, and im recouping now from that). i do want to ride it though, just to say that i have.

i hope to be getting there thursday night.
Thanks for the invite...I'll just have to wait and see how I feel when I get there...

I just freeze up in the twisties! It's ugly man...
laugh.gif

(vman1300 @ Feb. 08 2007,16:37)
(VaBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,16:13)
eek2.gif

Poor Ben...    
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
He is special....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

*sigh*

I'm gonna go to my cave and cry now... Thanks Kevin... And 'Chelle, I thought you were better than bringing me into a conversation in THAT way...
sad.gif

poke.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

I'll be on the dragon Thurs and Fri. I'm planning on riding the outer roads on Sat and Sun when the dragon is crowded.

(BusaWhipped @ Feb. 09 2007,21:02) I'll be on the dragon Thurs and Fri.  I'm planning on riding the outer roads on Sat and Sun when the dragon is crowded.
That's a good plan..............

rant.gif
rant.gif
Hey guys this is to all the guys and ladies comeing to deals gap this year and going to ride the dragon I live here and ride it 2-3 times a month weather permiting, just be CAREFUL the ones that have ben here before know better. just about the time you get comfortable one of those tight curves comes up and bites you in the ass, If you get into that situation just lean it over and push it thru the turn. DO NOT hit the back brake. have good time. hope to see you at the bash

rant.gif

Back