SAVE DEALS GAP! Need people to write TN reps (link).

NCBusa2001

Registered
This was posted today at dealsgap.com, Deals Gap, NC information. The Dragon, US129, Great Smoky Mountains. The Dragon at Deals Gap. They are trying to get 129 open from the CROT to the lookout (shy of the landslide).

Brad, due to massive support, has gotten through to the NC side of the problem and the reps are on-board. Now it looks like the THP needs to be motivated.

Seeing as how we have a vested interest, I figure maybe we could provide additional emails/calls.

Save the Gap, Help us save the Dragon. Rock slide US129.

Might be a worthwhile cause.

Chris

I emaiedl all of em.

They better open that road, or Ill spend my time in TN with the Gov. himself. Lucky guy he is...:laugh:

Bikers need to be careful about petitioning for it to be reopened. If that's the only reason to reopen it, TN won't do it because it sort of legitimizes the kind of riding that happens on it. The arguement needs to be for ecomomic reasons, which can't hardly be justified if it's not cleared all the way thru.....

Does anyone know how many motorcycle fatalities they had on that particular stretch of road last year or the annual death toll over the past few years?

When I was there last year there wasn't a day went by without multiple crashes and apparently one death during that week.

Tennessee won't be able to roll emergency vehicles into the Dragon. That will probably kill any attempts to get it open before everything is cleared.

if they can't get emergency vehicles on the road, there's no way they'd open it. talk about putting a bullseye on your bankroll. wrongful death suit based on the negligence of county and state officials because an ambulance couldn't get to an accident?

BW is spot on. Gives me excuse to try a bunch of new routes this Bash..

Save it because its a great place for bikers to gather. As for the curves there everywhere up and down the entire appalachian mountain chain... Go find your own private deals gap and your own texas mile for that matter!:beerchug:

Are they talking about closing it permanently? It will be awhile before I can make it to the dragon.

Tennessee won't be able to roll emergency vehicles into the Dragon. That will probably kill any attempts to get it open before everything is cleared.

Dennis, from what I gathered on the site....The NC folks were fine extending their services. The helicopter landing site was at the dam on the NC side anyway.

I think the hang up was with LEO enforcement, but..the TN LEO's are already there guarding the gate, so to speak.

Chris

I hope they re-open it soon but there are plenty other roads to ride and enjoy in the meantime...+1 on the pancakes :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back