Help Regarding Paint Protection

"... put on a cheap Chinese fairing set ... "

A "good" large cover is ~$200. A nice layer of ceramic coating will be ~$300. Pre-cut 3M protective film is about ~$150. Total cost is ~$650.

I would order a set of new aftermarket fairings ! They range from $300 to $625; depending if the a set has a fuel tank cover & design.

I don't sell any fairings, made by any company. I just think they are best bang for the money.

Gen II fairings.jpg

You can sell your OEM fairings & keep the profits or save the OEM for late.

I need some advice. I've got this beautiful 2019 that I can't wait to ride to work. The problem is that I work at a rock quarry and the dust is ridiculous. I don't even bother washing my beater car because it'll be covered in dust the next day.

I'm thinking about ways I can protect the bike and still enjoy riding it to work. I'm learning more about 3M Paint Protection Film and have thought about having it added in key areas of the bike. I've also researched paint ceramic coating and am actually thinking about having this done in addition to the film.

My worry is that the film installer noted that if the film has to be removed due to damage or simply from end of life, that it'll surely pull off the factory graphics (worried specifically about the main side fairings).

I'm also worried that over time the paint under film will weather slower than the rest of the bike. So if I remove it after a few years, that the paint will look two tone.

I'm planning on getting a nice GEZA half cover but worry that the cover will scratch the paint with all the dust in the air. I'm at a stand still because I want to keep it nice but also bought it to ride...

I've thought about a full OEM Suzuki cover but don't think it'll fit with an 8" stretched swingarm and 240 rear.
man... just ride the bike and do ure best with the dust.... worst case scenario ull have to buy a new side fairing or whatever starts to show wear from the dust.... they are just plastics... not king tuts golden undies.

Back