Help!  Planning to run the 1/4

The Oracle

Registered
My track wants me to have a kill switch that attaches to me and a fuel cutoff valve.

Ok, I have seen the cheapo kill (a screw driven into the run switch). Is there a prettier setup available?

And, how do I go about adding a fuel cutoff?? Do I need to, I mean does one already exist?

Also, is getting NHRA certified a pain?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

-Ripper

This is the kill switch I went with, it looks pretty clean on my all BLACK SE!

http://prosites-spencercycle.homestead.com/MPSkillswitch.html

As for a fuel cut-off, I think they are smoking crack! I don't know for sure but I would think you don't need that on the newer(fuel injected) bikes because once the switch is kicked it automatically kills the fuel pump. That would be my guess.

You will also need a leather jacket, gloves, boots, jeans and a helmet. Depending how good you are, you will need "leather" pants if you run over 120 MPH in the 1/4 mile.

Have fun and be safe.

Josh :cool:

I don't understand why there isn't a kill switch that can be built into the on/off rocker. There is a little removable plastic tab on there... I would like to build a kill into that unit.

Oracle,

You can do that using the factory switch if you like. A lot of people just drill a small hole in the RED button and attach a cord to that. It works fine but I didn't want to drill into the stock part. The way mine is wired with the aftermarket switch, I can take it off and you would never know it was on there.

Next time you go to the track, check out some of the other bikes. You will probably see quite a few like this.

Josh :cool:

Josh,

How do you disconnect it? Did you use male-female connectors and just put them back together when it isn't in use? Could you go into a little more detail please? This fascinates me, and I want to do it RIGHT the first time.

Thanks,
Vaughn

Back