Stage 1 Rcc For The 1/4 Without Boost Controller?

valin

Registered
Hey guys. I am setting up my 05 Busa for street and track, and am wondering how bad will it be at the track without a boost controller?

Stage 1 RCC turbo, pump gas tune
Stock clutch atm....going to install heavy springs
Hardcore 6-10" arm (will be 10" at the track)
Air shifter
19/48 gearing for the 1/8th (will run 19/45 for the street)
I have an ohlins rear shock........not sure how that will perform at the track
Mickey Thompson MCR2 tire

I'm still getting it all together, so I haven't lowered it yet.
Roaring toyz lower links
Lowering triple tree
have not lowered the front yet....seems like 1-1.5" is the general consensus, then strap it

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!!

The motor has stock internals, so I was told I can't run any more boost with good fuel. I will swap out the rods and pistons, and change the studs for next season.

ur not gonna be running much boost so imo it won't make a huge difference but ull be pretty inconsistent. if ur not running different levels of boost its really not needed

Launch low revs, 5k to start. That stock clutch is ok. At least put the carpenter ring on there when you do the HD springs. I did just what you are doing. I never got under a 1.6 60 foot and typically 1.7. I had absolutely the wrong shock and it would bottom out and cause spin 8 out of 10 times even with a shinko hook up at 12psi and a good burnout. Get a boost controller. Every single nitrous guy out there is going in stages or progressive and leaving the line with just motor, why not get a simple boost controller? Leave a 2lb spring in and set it up to max at 7. Just my thoughts. Or don't worry about it and just try to have fun and leave the serious quest or disappointment behind. Although your bike will have much more hp than other bikes, your 60 foot times will amount to not so great times and piss you off if you don't.

With boost that low I don't think it will matter much if you can ride it. Work on your launch/practice and get comfy with the bike, you shouldn't have to much trouble until you build the motor and turn the boost up IMO.

In the class that I race, we aren't allowed boost control, so I'm in the same boat as you. My advice.... launch IN boost. I launch at 7800 RPM so I am making the 6lbs of boost at the line and the power delivery is consistent. Do some heavy duty clutch springs on every other one as it will help hold the power. If you let the RPMs drop and boost kicks in, that's where the wheelie issue comes into play...lol. Or spinning. However, you will be extended so you shouldn't have too much of an issue on the wheelie part with low boost. Learning the clutch off the line and how to deliver that power is key with no boost controller. You will wear out your plates and fibers if you're pushing it hard, which is just part of the game.
For myself, when I was +2" in the back, I was running with 8lbs of boost at the time (my motor and trans is built), no boost controller and I was hitting 9.0's and I think I hit an 8.9x that season.
Last season, I ran +6 at 12lbs with no boost control and hit an 8.82 spinning at the top end (came out of the groove).
*Note: I am by no means a pro rider, I'm sure some of the pros could get my setup way lower with their times.

Oh on another note.. If you're lowering your front end, get a low pro oil pan. If you wheelie hard enough and bottom out your front suspension you could smash your pan... You won't be very popular at the track after that one...lol. I just strap the front end down when I go to the track. (cheaper option!)
You may also find that you might spin at 10" of stretch due to not enough weight on it... so suspension dial in will be important on the back.

Well said Cold busa.I also like to leave in boost.Don't be afraid to get a little aggressive with the gearing.I use 18/47 at 62".I run 10# with no boost boost controller and my best 60' is 1.43 went 5.5 1/8- 8.7 1/4. I found that the little steeper gearing doesn't make the turbo work as hard so boost comes in a little smoother. Hope this helps ya.

Back