Dont tell me my turbo plans are skrewed

This is what my buddy did. Bike has more in it for a time slip if he had a longer arm on it and had a single stage lock up. Very simple set up and didn’t need a boost controller and you could street ride this all day long. Simple set ups can be the best. Kinda wish I did a simple set up but I would get bored and want more.

Besides the coronavirus, i think ive wasted $200

From my understanding, its not a good idea to use fuel kill to run a air shifter on a turbo bike???

Well, currently, ive got a 02 busa at 70inches, 16/43, full hindle exhaust, small box mod, k&n, pair valve block, tre, no flash n tune...yet anyways bc i plan to turbo

My problem is im also running a 2step through a msd launch master, and i want to keep this ability when turboed...but, the msd is ignition kill...so, im not sure if there is a way to run an air shifter plus 2step on a turbo bike using both on ignition kill???

If so...ive jus wasted $200 bucks

Only reason i went the msd route was to keep from having to go back n forth to a tuner to adjust the 2step through ecu according to my street or strip settings

Plz point me in the right direction...thanks

I kill ignition and fuel through the ecu. Honestly that’s the best way to do it.

The problem guys had with turbo gen 1s if it had secondary injectors using the ecu to kill fuel With a microtech configured by rcc. The microtech connects to the rpm signal to the dash. So when the injectors were shut off, the microtech would still be fueling and cause a lean condition. That’s also the case when you put it in to the rev limiter and forgot to set the limiter in the microtech the same as the ecu.

if you had a microtech configured by velocity, they got the tach signal from the injectors, so when you would kill fuel, it also shut off the secondaries.

I don’t tune turbo gen 1s through the ecu. Of course I’ll go in, derestrict them, pull timing etc.

I just finished up a built motor gen 1, with one of my stage 1-2 ball bearing turbos, a monster turbos air to water intercooler, mps 80lb injectors, and power commander 5 PTI. I’ve never used a pti before, so I wanted to give it a try and so far, I’m really liking it.

I pulled the charge pipe off and tuned the whole fuel map NA at first. A 9.5:1 gen 1 stuggled to make 130hp. I’ve never done that before, so I thought that was interesting. After putting the charge pipe back on I started tuning the boost table. It took almost 30 min to get the tune close enough to make a full pull. The table had all zeros in it, so literally have to build that table from the ground up.

Not bad for 10ish PSI, and a low 10 afr.

I also like that it uses the Bosch map sensor that has the intake temp sensor built in to it. You can make a fuel modifier table to add fuel if intake temps start to get too high and pull timing if you’re using an ignition module too.

I’m interested to see how good of a job the monster turbo a2w does. I hope it works better then it fits.

I kill ignition and fuel through the ecu. Honestly that’s the best way to do it.

The problem guys had with turbo gen 1s if it had secondary injectors using the ecu to kill fuel With a microtech configured by rcc. The microtech connects to the rpm signal to the dash. So when the injectors were shut off, the microtech would still be fueling and cause a lean condition. That’s also the case when you put it in to the rev limiter and forgot to set the limiter in the microtech the same as the ecu.

if you had a microtech configured by velocity, they got the tach signal from the injectors, so when you would kill fuel, it also shut off the secondaries.

I don’t tune turbo gen 1s through the ecu. Of course I’ll go in, derestrict them, pull timing etc.

I just finished up a built motor gen 1, with one of my stage 1-2 ball bearing turbos, a monster turbos air to water intercooler, mps 80lb injectors, and power commander 5 PTI. I’ve never used a pti before, so I wanted to give it a try and so far, I’m really liking it.

I pulled the charge pipe off and tuned the whole fuel map NA at first. A 9.5:1 gen 1 stuggled to make 130hp. I’ve never done that before, so I thought that was interesting. After putting the charge pipe back on I started tuning the boost table. It took almost 30 min to get the tune close enough to make a full pull. The table had all zeros in it, so literally have to build that table from the ground up.

View attachment 1615566

View attachment 1615567

I also like that it uses the Bosch map sensor that has the intake temp sensor built in to it. You can make a fuel modifier table to add fuel if intake temps start to get too high and pull timing if you’re using an ignition module too.

I’m interested to see how good of a job the monster turbo a2w does. I hope it works better then it fits.
View attachment 1615569

View attachment 1615568
So instead of using the mps kill, it would be better for me to get a pc5 and use it for kill and fuel tuning??? Which is exactly what i wanted to do, but havent heard much from any tuners abt tuning turbo busas with a pc so i jus blew it off...

Feel like an idot after reading this lol

So rob, what is the cost out the door for one of your kits if i send it to you, installation, tuned, turn key ride it on the trailer home

Last edited:
So instead of using the mps kill, it would be better for me to get a pc5 and use it for kill and fuel tuning??? Which is exactly what i wanted to do, but havent heard much from any tuners abt tuning turbo busas with a pc so i jus blew it off...

Feel like an idot after reading this lol

So rob, what is the cost out the door for one of your kits if i send it to you, installation, tuned, turn key ride it on the trailer home
I absolutely think that rather than spending money twice, if you're gonna use a PC for the turbo application, then using one until then makes sense. Honestly, pick your tuner (I highly recommend Rob...), tell him your goals, and follow his recommendations.

Good thing i havent ordered the mps yet then

See....heres the thing, im trying to do everything in steps that build off each other and allows for as little down time as possible cause i ride quite a bit every week, with turbo being the last jewel....besides a nice drag shock, ecu flash/tune, im pretty much done, but dont want to get a tune or shock until i have a built or turboed bike with roundabt hp idea for shock tuning

Maybe im askin to much, maybe im being too cheap, maybe i should find a new hobby lol

View attachment 1615566

View attachment 1615567

View attachment 1615569

View attachment 1615568
I've been eye balling that intercooler for awhile. I'm curious what you find.

Good thing i havent ordered the mps yet then

See....heres the thing, im trying to do everything in steps that build off each other and allows for as little down time as possible cause i ride quite a bit every week, with turbo being the last jewel....besides a nice drag shock, ecu flash/tune, im pretty much done, but dont want to get a tune or shock until i have a built or turboed bike with roundabt hp idea for shock tuning

Maybe im askin to much, maybe im being too cheap, maybe i should find a new hobby lol
A tune is gonna have to be redone for a turbo regardless, but a shock should be good to go.
If I were in your shoes, I'd do exactly what I just told you to do. Find a tuner you trust, and follow his recommendations. I did not follow that plan when I turbo'd my gen 1, and I ended up spending far more money in the long run. Experience is the best teacher....

A tune is gonna have to be redone for a turbo regardless, but a shock should be good to go.
If I were in your shoes, I'd do exactly what I just told you to do. Find a tuner you trust, and follow his recommendations. I did not follow that plan when I turbo'd my gen 1, and I ended up spending far more money in the long run. Experience is the best teacher....
Welp there ya go, nothing else left to say :beerchug: :super: :thumbsup:

I have a mps kill box and I don’t really like it. You have a screw that you turn to adjust the kill time. So you really don’t know where your at for kill time and it’s easy to turn it the wrong way.

Building on Rob's concept You can also datalog and have a little stuff with the POD 300 dynojet display. Its fastest refresh is not that great maybe .2 sec I think? Its usable and integrates into the dynojet hub with the other stuff and I really like it for self tuning adjustments on street and driveability I usually take my laptop in a small backpack and stop occasionally for adjustments where I see it needs it. I did that with all the stock rebuilds and builds I did when I street tested before I shipped the motor to the buyer so they could have a generic base PC map

Back