Dont tell me my turbo plans are skrewed

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Besides the coronavirus, i think ive wasted $200

From my understanding, its not a good idea to use fuel kill to run a air shifter on a turbo bike???

Well, currently, ive got a 02 busa at 70inches, 16/43, full hindle exhaust, small box mod, k&n, pair valve block, tre, no flash n tune...yet anyways bc i plan to turbo

My problem is im also running a 2step through a msd launch master, and i want to keep this ability when turboed...but, the msd is ignition kill...so, im not sure if there is a way to run an air shifter plus 2step on a turbo bike using both on ignition kill???

If so...ive jus wasted $200 bucks

Only reason i went the msd route was to keep from having to go back n forth to a tuner to adjust the 2step through ecu according to my street or strip settings

Plz point me in the right direction...thanks

Last edited:

My first thought is id have to run engine kill through the ecu and keep the msd 2step???

If so i guess i need to go ahead and send the ecu off???

Can this be done correctly???

How you going to tune the bike once turbo? Power commander 5? With the power commander 5 you can get the ignition module and use that for 2 step and kill for shifting. I use it on my nitrous bike and has worked great.

you also might want to get something to auto shift your bike at a set rpm.

Last edited:
How you going to tune the bike once turbo? Power commander 5? With the power commander 5 you can get the ignition module and use that for 2 step and kill for shifting. I use it on my nitrous bike and has worked great.

you also might want to get something to auto shift your bike at a set rpm.
@busakiller i was thinking of going pc5 because it seemed more cost efficient than going standalone but haven't heard any tuners that use the pc5 to tune a turbo, would love to do pc5 bc of its plug n play versatility for many add ons...im only going stg1 rcc and the fmu scares the crap out of me with reliability, really wanna go secondaries but thats way outta my budget

These were the next questions i was gonna ask after this issue was resolved

To answer your question tho... I really dont know jus yet

Thinking bout using raptor shift light for autoshift
Dont know yet the best way to implement that either???

Last edited:
MPS box is a tried and true way to kill a gem 1.
@Mr Brown cant do nothing but agree with you!!!

But the issue i see is that my msd 2step harness plugs into the coils? Wouldnt i need the mps box to plug into the coils to to kill ignition instead of fuel???

If so, how would that work???

This is where i get stuck....

Not sure if it would cause interferences running two boxes on one set of components, hell or if making a harness to do so would work either???

Last edited:
I ran both wired together with no issues for years, but then switched to a dyna arc-2 with an airkill setup.
@Mr Brown. Maaaan i think im gonna have to take you out for dinner my friend lol bc im tellin ya, youve pretty much solved every issue ive had!!! :beerchug:

Now if you could jus pass along some instructions on how to properly wire it all up THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! And ill be on my merry way to order a mps unit:banana:

Maaaaan im gonna have to send you some money or something got'dammit lol:thumbsup::bowdown:

I switched to the dyna because of the extra power for the coils and my tuner preferred the airkill. I never had an issue with either setup.
It's been a long time since I wired it, but I was already running the MPS box, and simply wired the launchmaster in according to the instructions if I'm remembering correctly.

I switched to the dyna because of the extra power for the coils and my tuner preferred the airkill. I never had an issue with either setup.
It's been a long time since I wired it, but I was already running the MPS box, and simply wired the launchmaster in according to the instructions if I'm remembering correctly.
Thanks again @Mr Brown

Jus to be clear, u ran the mps box first through ignition kill and not fuel kill, and then added msd 2step box later, which also is wired to ignition

So both boxes were wired to the coils wiring harness, which if im not mistaken is wired common coil ground, well at least i installed my msd box this way according to instructions, harness plug n play :super:

If your going with a stage 1 and only going to run wastegate pressure boosted performance can do all the tuning with the ecu. But if your going to run a boost controller then you will need a power commander with the boost sensor. If I was you I would write everything down that you want to do and figure it out as a whole. Then start buying parts. Idk who you plan on tuning it but that’s something you will want to figure out. Some people won’t tune the ecu and will want a power commander. If your flashing the ecu make sure they know what to do for your application. Your best of contacting Rob at boosted performance and he will help you. Super knowledgeable

If your going with a stage 1 and only going to run wastegate pressure boosted performance can do all the tuning with the ecu. But if your going to run a boost controller then you will need a power commander with the boost sensor. If I was you I would write everything down that you want to do and figure it out as a whole. Then start buying parts. Idk who you plan on tuning it but that’s something you will want to figure out. Some people won’t tune the ecu and will want a power commander. If your flashing the ecu make sure they know what to do for your application. Your best of contacting Rob at boosted performance and he will help you. Super knowledgeable
@busakiller. Thanks man

Yes rob was my first pick to do the tune bc i dont have a "reputable" local guy in my area that does turbo builds...well, motorsport freaks near mobile al has done a hahn build but again, pretty much no turbo tuners in my area...i also feel like if u cant tune through the ecu then youre really not a tuner, hence, they told me i was gonna need a pc5 to tune my bike.....hung the phone up immediately lol

Not to offend any pc5 tuners...what do i know

Really not interested in multiple boost levels but what i may eventually want is boost by gear or boost by speed

Could care less abt any more horsepower than maybe 300....not tryna be the fastest or get every little miniscule performance either

280 horses, nice 60ft, push buttons down the track consistently and ride it back home from the gas station will make my days fun :super: :banana:

Really not interested in multiple boost levels but what i may eventually want is boost by gear or boost by speed

Could care less abt any more horsepower than maybe 300....not tryna be the fastest or get every little miniscule performance either

280 horses, nice 60ft, push buttons down the track consistently and ride it back home from the gas station will make my days fun :super: :banana:
So if you tune it for max boost on pump gas, when you're running less it'll be rich. A lot less and it'll be pig rich and won't like running. Talk to Rob, he'll guide you in the right direction.

So if you tune it for max boost on pump gas, when you're running less it'll be rich. A lot less and it'll be pig rich and won't like running. Talk to Rob, he'll guide you in the right direction.
Yes sir will do :bowdown:

Tho this coronavirus is making things kinda difficult to do anything lol

Back