Help!!! Mystery under-hump electric connector loose!

bjewell

Registered
What is that??? Riding out Latrobe Rd today -- and boy was it windy -- I thought I smelled something from the clutch or brakes or electrical. I stopped and took off the hump and as I looked inside. Looking down on the left side of the bike, it was on the left side in that narrow crevice next to the side. I saw what appears to be a loose electrical connector hooked to a wire. The brake,taillight, turn signals all work.

I bought the bike new in '07 and I never notices that. It just lays there sort of flopping around but I can't get my fingers down there.

Does anyone know what it is???

Thanks!

If it's a larger white/clear harness, it's what you jump to get diagnostic codes.
I rerouted mine under the seat so I don't have to take off the entire freakin tail section next time. Spose to be loose, you're good.

The smell... hmmm... check your fairing rubbing against your exhaust maybe?

Check you rear brake pedal adjustment. You may be putting just enough pressure with your toe to drag the pads on the rotor.

I had the same issue when I first bought my 'Busa. My mechanic let me know that it was used for diagnostic code reading.

Yep, what they ^^ said. I should have a black rubber cap on it. I too routed mine to under the seat, grabbed it with some needle nose pliers and poked it through.

No idea what you may have smelled, but it wasn't the diagnostic connector.

Back