HELP ME!!!

fear

Registered
ok, bike is a 2002 busa, 8 months old, 3500mi on it, stock exept for full bde exhaust wich was installed earlier in the week. rode it yesterday for the first time since the exhaust was installed and it ran and rode mint. i go to get on it today, and the clutch is screwed up, like the plates are stuck together, i put it in gear witht he clutch pulled all the way in, and the buke will move forewad if i give it gas. full fluid in the reservoir. lever does nothing untill it's 95%in, the the clutch disengages. i looked and it seemed like it was a little low on oil in the sight glass so i put some in, but that didnt help. anyone heard of this happening? first nice weekend of the year here, and my baby is stuck!!!!

i couldnt see much of the lins, but i looked at them best i could, there was the tiniest little bubble in the reservoir but i couldnt find any leaks

ok, bike is a 2002 busa, 8 months old, 3500mi on it, stock exept for full bde exhaust wich was installed earlier in the week.  rode it yesterday for the first time since the exhaust was installed and it ran and rode mint.  i go to get on it today, and the clutch is screwed up, like the plates are stuck together, i put it in gear witht he clutch pulled all the way in, and the buke will move forewad if i give it gas. full fluid in the reservoir. lever does nothing untill it's 95%in, the the clutch disengages.  i looked and it seemed like it was a little low on oil in the sight glass so i put some in, but that didnt help. anyone heard of this happening?  first nice weekend of the year here, and my baby is stuck!!!!
Your sprocket cover could be coming loose. Check and tighten all the bolts circled in yellow in the pic below and you'll have yer clutch back if that's the problem. Been there, done that, no t-shirt...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082244274 -->

speedsensorrepairhighlt.jpg

Should explain further... The thing with the yellow dot on it in the pic below is the clutch. It leverages off of this cover. If the cover is loose it has nothing to lever off of and cannot operate the clutch. Mine done the same thing you're describing. Tightening the bolts in the above pic fixed it.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082244239 -->

dotcopy.jpg

hmm, i like that idea bullet, think that makes sense. when i was running th ebik eon the rear setand in gear, i heard a few not so friendly noises coming from the left side of the bike, like from the front sprocket area. if that doesnt work, what sthe correct proceedure to bleed the system?

ohh yeah, thanks for all the grat responses, the board rocks

If you were freewheelin' it on the stands the noise maye have been the chain slappin' from not bein' under tension. Or, it could be the cover workin' loose/rattlin'. Another clue that it's a loose cover would be the speedometer bouncin' wildly and/or not workin'. The speed sensor is on the same cover. That's how I first knew I had a problem. My clutch was on the verge of goin' out on the ride when my speedo went nuts and quit. When I got home, the clutch went out on me in my driveway. Whew! Glad it didn't go out on a long ride from home.
wink.gif

I have no idea how to bleed the clutch. Gotta hit up some of the more technical folks than me on that one.
wink.gif
Hopefully just checkin' and tightening the cover will cure it. If it worked until now and there are no leaks, it shouldn't need bleedin' I wouldn't think. My money is on the cover bein' loose.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

simple process... lemme find the post I made earlier on it.

found it... enjoy... takes about 10 min max

cool, where on th ebuike is the bleeder valve located? and what tools do i need, i already packe dup my tools for the move so i'm gonn ahave to go borrow some

Check your clutch cover to see if it's broke! They have a tendency to break and then it can't disengage the clutch. Call me and I'll come over and check it out.

thanks, jim, i dont think it's broken because it's not leaking any oil out of it, it's either that the cover is loose or the clutch needs bleeding. i'm gonn ahead over there soon to try to fix it

I never thought of this... make sure your cam on your clutch lever is set correctly. I always wondered if its set too close the clutch might want to drag. Set it to #1 (farthest) from the grip.

FEAR,

In BT's picture with the yellow dot(clutch master cylinder), look just above it. The bleeder is the little nipple sticking up with the black rubber piece on top of it. Just pop the rubber piece off and that is your bleeder!

Josh
blues.gif

He's all set! I went to go help him out and he had it done before I got there. So we went riding all day. Such a happy ending.

yep, working great, fixed it in 15 minutes. went for a good little ride with the streaker thanks everyone. ohh it just needed to be bled

Back