help me fix this bike!!!

Rickabod

Registered
ok, i may have more questions soon but for now, i need to know the easiest way to get this nut off and if it's reverse thread or not?

<a href="http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~708904~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2001~model_dept_mfr~Suzuki~model_dept_id~703442~mo
del_dept_name~GSX1300RK1+HAYABUSA.asp" target="_blank">here's a diagram</a>

it's number 14 on the diagram

Link no worky
rock.gif

Link worked, Mine came off with an Impact gun, no problem. Your not going to remove it by hand though!

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the  Back button to try another link.
Click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 400 - Bad Request
Internet Explorer

impact would be the best and easiest way. maybe a good size breaker bar. link works

link worked.just checked the manual.says nothing about reverse threads.So it has to be right hand thread....torque spec. 68.5 ft. lb.

anyone know what size socket i need to remove this nut? i hoping to get this off easy, but the whole thing (parts 4 and 5) spins.

If this is the CS or front sprocket it is 32mm and mine came off with very little force. I have an '06. It had a lock nut of much smaller deminsion, but I had to buy a 32mm socket for the sprocket nut and I used a regular rachet.

Hope I didn't just waste my time.

32mm sounds right cause it's big. i hit it with the wrong size, inch and a quarter, cause i didn't have any metric around and it just spun the whole basket and everything. this is why i'm wondering if it will come off easy casue the whole clutch basket is spinning. i don't want anything else to break, i've broken enough with the chain flying off. i'm going to get some metric sockets right now so hopefully i can get this thing apart to i can start buying what i need and putting it back together.

(Rickabod @ Aug. 06 2007,10:10) ok, i may have more questions soon but for now, i need to know the easiest way to get this nut off and if it's reverse thread or not?

<a href="http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~708904~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2001~model_dept_mfr~Suzuki~model_dept_id~703442~mo

del_dept_name~GSX1300RK1+HAYABUSA.asp" target="_blank">here's a diagram</a>

it's number 14 on the diagram
Hey link works fine 4 me! R-click and paste the image or properties works good too! As most are not looking at the right nut. I don't think its as big as you think. Clutch basket stuff is very tight or has a locking nut or thread lock to keep it from coming apart. You can see if its a left hand thread by looking if you don't know
rock.gif

SU0120_027.gif

Go buy an electric impact gun. It'll help in removing nuts like these.

I can't view it either but at least others can. If you run into a real problem then it's best to get a mechanic to do the work and not hurt your baby. Get more bikes and you don't have to worry when one has to go to the doctor because you'll have others to ride.
poke.gif

thanks to everyone that helped with information. i got the nut off and now it's on to buying parts. the main reason i had to get that side of the bike apart was to remove the rod (18) in the middle that broke off on the other side when i shot the chain off my bike.

Back