Help me diagnos a problem

(TIMMYDUCK @ Oct. 28 2006,19:51) Here is my wild guess.
With the Power Commander installed.
You are exceding the horse power restriction built into the ECU for first and second gears.
(Silly safety concerns.)
As such when you reached that Hp threshold in second the ECU sent a signal to cut power.
Is there such a feature built into the ECU? I have never heard of that. Not saying you're wrong, that is just news to me

Don

Yes both the Hayabusa and ZX-14 are HP restricted in the lower gears.

On the Busa it is 1st and 2nd gear.

On the Kawi 1st , 2nd, and 3rd.

Is there a way to change or disable that? It is an interesting theory but the the low HP# probs I have been having, I doubt that is the issue. Unless the new map I have is just all that and a bag of chips.

Don

I haven't ever heard of an overide for it.

I just know about it from reading some tech manuals.

That restriction is for normal riding. After the throttle is rolled back a certain % the ECU goes to full power mode.
Read that info in some book or magazine article, just wish I could remember which one.

Its really not that complicated..........its on, on the project bike THOR that DJ rode in WV and clearly rode the heck out of that Busa and it works great. You just need to fine tune it. What if's should be based on I tried. I have. Its an easy adjustment to get it right. I have the system on, on my project 14 with a 25% fuel increase and it works great. Get it on the dyno and work with it.

The FI light I am not so concerned about. It is the cause of the stutter that is bothering me. I will shut it off tomorrow and see if all the probs go away. Then turn it back on with new settings and see what happens.

Don

(usn04limited @ Oct. 28 2006,19:flamethrowing:) The FI light I am not so concerned about.  It is the cause of the stutter that is bothering me.  I will shut it off tomorrow and see if all the probs go away.  Then turn it back on with new settings and see what happens.

Don
Great start, trouble shooting is actually really fun stuff. Be sure to PM Sageronin and ask how his Busa "THOR" is running. Based on his stable he would be a good guy to chat with
wow.gif
Tell him I want it back...
tounge.gif

Back