Taking off in second gear instead of first gear

I feel that some of the FUN in riding is that I GET to shift.
They have had automatic bikes out for some time, but I don't think that they ever sold well.

Using the clutch lever also builds grip and finger strength. If you never had to pull a clutch or brake lever you wouldn't build any
strength and it would be boring. Might as well drive a car. :laugh:

Yeah you right about that. When I'm running through those gears on the highway. I feel like I'm a 110lb jockey on a race horse. But I'm just a 315 pound guy on a busa:laugh:

and you should not be directly behind a car at a stop light or stop sign either. you should position urself to the right or the left of the rear of the vehicle in front of you so you have an escape route along the side of the vehicle in front of you in case the car behind you is not paying attention and you can clearly see that they are not going to stop in time.

stopping a few bike lengths behind the car in front of you will do little to help you get out of harms way if the car behind you isnt stoping cause you will have no where to go and still have to navigate around the rear of the vehicle so you dont get crushed.

on top of that as a bonus its easier to get a good look at the female in the car in front of you through the right or left mirrors than through a tinted rear window:laugh:

Or maybe thats just me :rofl:

I feel that some of the FUN in riding is that I GET to shift.
They have had automatic bikes out for some time, but I don't think that they ever sold well.

Using the clutch lever also builds grip and finger strength. If you never had to pull a clutch or brake lever you wouldn't build any
strength and it would be boring. Might as well drive a car. :laugh:

You use the clutch on every up shift after 1st gear :dunno:

Yeah you right about that. When I'm running through those gears on the highway. I feel like I'm a 110lb jockey on a race horse. But I'm just a 315 pound guy on a busa:laugh:
You can always lose weight, just have to set your mind to it, even 20 lbs will make you feel even more like a jockey :laugh:

You can skip shift all the time. Start in 1st, then go to 3rd, then 5th and sixth. Doesn't hurt a thing and the low end torque of the motor handles it easily. If I had my way, Suzuki would put a 5 speed on the bike for street riding. Too much shifting for this motor with a 6 speed and its unnecessary. Now if your drag racing, that is different.

You can use a quick shifter and shift effortlessly at 3rd rpm,with your PC V.Should be cheaper.

Suzuki would put a 5 speed on the bike for street riding. Too much shifting for this motor with a 6 speed and its unnecessary. Now if your drag racing, that is different.

Nobody said that YOU have to use 6th gear.

I'd like to see a 7th or even 8th gear for highway cruising and best gas mileage especially with the way gas prices are going.

Back