Help keep me in the game...

Here's a thought Bro... My whole riding life, street riding anyway since 94' I've never ONCE questioned riding. Regardless of how bad buddies got hurt, or died. No matter HOW close of call I had with an Elk, it never even entered my mind to quit riding. Not once.

The fact that outta no where, without warning or plot, suddenly I find myself not riding, but more than that NOT riding on Purpose. This gives me reason for concern, or at least pause.

WHY NOW, after many years of riding do I find myself asking questions and considering what was once unthinkable? Something is different, the staus quo has changed, I dunno how or what it was exactly but here I am.

One thing I do recommend though is taking yoru time to decide what to do next. But there will allways be other bikes and other roads.

I grow more and more distant of street riding everytime I think about it. But I still love riding out in the middle of nowhere with no one else around. And taking it to the track where safety conditions are MUCH MUCH higher. Consider the money you save not street riding and put it into a track day or two

(WWJD @ Nov. 08 2006,17:34) I think you should hang it up.

Now... can I buy your busa for say, about $1200 ? ? ? ?    
biggrin.gif
sure I'll sell it for $1200...but the shipping will be an additional $6000.

You know, being out here in the middle of nowhere and all.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Revlis @ Nov. 08 2006,17:34) Here's a thought Bro...  My whole riding life, street riding anyway since 94' I've never ONCE questioned riding.  Regardless of how bad buddies got hurt, or died.  No matter HOW close of call I had with an Elk, it never even entered my mind to quit riding.  Not once.

The fact that outta no where, without warning or plot, suddenly I find myself not riding, but more than that NOT riding on Purpose.  This gives me reason for concern, or at least pause.

WHY NOW, after many years of riding do I find myself asking questions and considering what was once unthinkable?  Something is different, the staus quo has changed, I dunno how or what it was exactly but here I am.

One thing I do recommend though is taking your time to decide what to do next.   But there will allways be other bikes and other roads.
yup...I hate it when that happens. Only for me, I seem have caught on to it while it was happening.

We share many similarities...I've seen friends die and I've had close encounters. I didn't think of quitting.

But for some strange reason or another, I'm suddenly hit with this huge "self-reflection" fit. WTH...

I'll def. be taking my time and thinking things through. The roads here are crap...not too many places that you can really get out and RIDE.

Bad thing about this is that there isn't a track here either. I mean, we have a drag strip, but that's not my kinda dig. Anyone can go fast in a straight line...albeit some may be faster than others, but you get my drift.

I want to live by draggin a knee around a sweeper...and not have to worry about that damn 10ft tall, 40ton SUV behind me.

Sure, being in the newspaper is nice, but I'd rather not do it obituary style.

(WWJD @ Nov. 08 2006,17:35) I grow more and more distant of street riding everytime I think about it.   But I still love riding out in the middle of nowhere with no one else around.  And taking it to the track where safety conditions are MUCH MUCH higher.  Consider the money you save not street riding and put it into a track day or two
that sounds like a capital idea, but no track here.
sad.gif

And the heck if all I'm gonna do on Sundays is fly up and down a track in a straight line. I need more variety...more turns....more lean.

Not doggin the draggers here...they enjoy it and that's cool. I just need more in terms of stimulation.
biggrin.gif

live life to the fullest everyday. if that means parking it for a season then do it. If not stay safe and keep your head up

I just got hit by a red light runner today. wearing all my gear.. bike is broke but I can't wait to get back on her. Things happen and they happen for a reason in my humble opinion weather your on a bike in a car or on a plane when it's your time it's your time. Just try not to do to many stupid stunts to try find force your time. Gotta make your own descions man but if you love to ride you will probably come back to it eventualy. Aint nothing wrong with a vacation though

Back