Help keep me in the game...

(thepushercg @ Nov. 06 2006,18:51) live life like there is no tommorw. no one has been promised that we will see tommorow.

a quote from  braveheart can be applied to any of us that worry about the inevitable.

Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

the same i would say for us ride and we may die. stop riding and we may live.

mr.brown thumbs up for your input you have a good insight on our lord.
true....

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21:52)
(Relsek @ Nov. 06 2006,18:40)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(Relsek @ Nov. 06 2006,18:28)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:59) hmm....that could be it as well.

All work and no play makes PAC a dull boy. Mebbe just too much time in the office?

I dunno...I've already seen one friend die. Almost lost another one Saturday.

WTH....
Death is a part of life. Wouldn't you hate to waste your life living in fear of death, just to never have really lived at all.
true, Vek, true...

My thinkin is focused more on the weighing of risks. Are they worth it? Does the feeling of satisfaction and contentment we acheive worth the risk we take?

It just makes me wonder, is all.
That's kind of my point, there are risks in most everything we do. If we spend our life trying to avoid all risk, we will likey die fat men watching football on TV at home and never have done things like, ride a motorcycle, water ski, snow ski, drive to work, travel, go to the grocery store. Of all the things I've listed, I've done them all but have had more brushes with death driving a car and walking into parking lots from a store.
well, I suppose that is true.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't mind hopping in the same pool as a couple of gators.

Risks indeed. Guess I just need to think about it more.
Funny you mention that, just the Saturday before last, I was all ready to go water skiing in a nearby lake at our church picnic. My daughter had run over to her house to get me some shorts to wear, but the boat developed engine problems before we got the chance to ski.

EDIT,
water skiing gives a thrill like riding a motorcycle
water skiing in a lake with gators, gives a thrill like riding a busa.

We all want what we can't have. If you live somewhere that it snows to the point you simply cannot ride for a couple of months, not able to do anything but clean and tinker on your bike, you will appreciate it more in the spring. Give it some time, you will know what to do....either way.

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,18:54)
(BA BUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,18:50) You still crying in your beer over here
rock.gif
wow.gif
   hey, you know what....

Just tryin to sort it out, my bro.
laugh.gif
you bastid...since you put it like that.
Don't be afraid to LIVE Bro...we have had this discussion before...good
people usually make good decisions. Yes we will make some mistakes, but
you have to keep the faith  
wink.gif

There is nothing wrong with being cautious. Stay away from the bike for a couple of weeks, give yourself some time to think about it. Don't make a snap decision. For me, if I don't ride one of my bikes after a week or so, I start craving a ride.

I love you like a bro Pac and wouldn't want to see any harm come upon you but I agree totally with Mr. B. If you're going to kick the bucket you might as well be doing what you enjoydoing, riding your Busa or after you reached your climax mid stroking.
laugh.gif

(Relsek @ Nov. 06 2006,18:56)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21:52)
(Relsek @ Nov. 06 2006,18:40)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(Relsek @ Nov. 06 2006,18:28)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:59) hmm....that could be it as well.

All work and no play makes PAC a dull boy. Mebbe just too much time in the office?

I dunno...I've already seen one friend die. Almost lost another one Saturday.

WTH....
Death is a part of life. Wouldn't you hate to waste your life living in fear of death, just to never have really lived at all.
true, Vek, true...

My thinkin is focused more on the weighing of risks. Are they worth it? Does the feeling of satisfaction and contentment we acheive worth the risk we take?

It just makes me wonder, is all.
That's kind of my point, there are risks in most everything we do. If we spend our life trying to avoid all risk, we will likey die fat men watching football on TV at home and never have done things like, ride a motorcycle, water ski, snow ski, drive to work, travel, go to the grocery store. Of all the things I've listed, I've done them all but have had more brushes with death driving a car and walking into parking lots from a store.
well, I suppose that is true.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't mind hopping in the same pool as a couple of gators.

Risks indeed. Guess I just need to think about it more.
Funny you mention that, just the Saturday before last, I was all ready to go water skiing in a nearby lake at our church picnic. My daughter had run over to her house to get me some shorts to wear, but the boat developed engine problems before we got the chance to ski.

EDIT,
water skiing gives a thrill like riding a motorcycle
water skiing in a lake with gators, gives a thrill like riding a busa.
well, I'll do the water ski thing, but screw the water skiing with gators.

I'll pass...

(JET-A @ Nov. 06 2006,18:56) We all want what we can't have.  If you live somewhere that it snows to the point you simply cannot ride for a couple of months, not able to do anything but clean and tinker on your bike, you will appreciate it more in the spring.  Give it some time, you will know what to do....either way.
yep...time will tell, I guess.

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,18:58)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,18:54)
(BA BUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,18:50) You still crying in your beer over here
rock.gif
wow.gif
   hey, you know what....

Just tryin to sort it out, my bro.
laugh.gif
you bastid...since you put it like that.
Don't be afraid to LIVE Bro...we have had this discussion before...good
people usually make good decisions. Yes we will make some mistakes, but
you have to keep the faith  
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah...just live.

I took the bike after lunch today...bad move. No time to think...was just focused on the road.

(Poppy @ Nov. 06 2006,19:18) There is nothing wrong with being cautious. Stay away from the bike for a couple of weeks, give yourself some time to think about it. Don't make a snap decision. For me, if I don't ride one of my bikes after a week or so, I start craving a ride.
yeah...sounds good. Only thing is that I dunno how I'm gonna do with not taking the bike.
laugh.gif

I'm hopeless...

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,20:05) I love you like a bro Pac and wouldn't want to see any harm come upon you but I agree totally with Mr. B.  If you're going to kick the bucket you might as well be doing what you enjoydoing, riding your Busa or after you reached your climax mid stroking.  
laugh.gif
umm, gee...I'd sure hate to go in mid-stroke, playa. That's just so wrong...
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, nothing can hide the fact that when it is my time to go, no matter what I'm doing, I'll be on my way.

I guess when you make it cut and dry like that, it doesn't really matter anymore.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I think I remember a similar Pac thread a while back
poke.gif

You can die just as easily in your cage as on the bike
ukliam3.gif

The question you need to ask yourself is, "do you want to ride??" and "do you enjoy it when you ride??"

If its yes and yes, then keep on
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:23)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,20:05) I love you like a bro Pac and wouldn't want to see any harm come upon you but I agree totally with Mr. B.  If you're going to kick the bucket you might as well be doing what you enjoydoing, riding your Busa or after you reached your climax mid stroking.  
laugh.gif
umm, gee...I'd sure hate to go in mid-stroke, playa. That's just so wrong...
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, nothing can hide the fact that when it is my time to go, no matter what I'm doing, I'll be on my way.

I guess when you make it cut and dry like that, it doesn't really matter anymore.
wink.gif
Hey that didn't come out right. I meant after you skeet, skeet,skeet followed after the midstrokn part.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Alright, playa...I gotcha. But still...damn. Ain't no time to fully enjoy, ya know?

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 06 2006,20:29) I think I remember a similar Pac thread a while back  
poke.gif

ukliam3.gif

The question you need to ask yourself is, "do you want to ride??"  and "do you enjoy it when you ride??"

race.gif

race.gif
you know, you're right.
tounge.gif

Crap...I must not be doing something right, cause I'm starting to get more reflective an stuff.
rock.gif
Sounds to me like I'm just no thinkin hard enough to come up with the answer.

The answers are yes and yes, but for some odd reason or another, I'm searching for a deeper understanding of the "why".

race.gif

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:39)
(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 06 2006,20
super.gif
) I think I remember a similar Pac thread a while back  
poke.gif

ukliam3.gif

The question you need to ask yourself is, "do you want to ride??"  and "do you enjoy it when you ride??"

race.gif
you know, you're right.

Crap...I must not be doing something right, cause I'm starting to get more reflective an stuff.
rock.gif

The answers are yes and yes, but for some odd reason or another, I'm searching for a deeper understanding of the "why".
You're more reflective 'cause you shaved every hair off your body!!!!

If the bike is paid for dont do anything you will regret later on Paul. If its money you need just holla. Park the old girl for a while and enjoy playing with your son. The Busa will always be ready and waiting for you dairy air providing you store her properly.
race.gif

Paul, you are thinking about it to much. Just drink a cold one and sleep on it.

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 06 2006,20:45)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:39)
(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 06 2006,20
super.gif
) I think I remember a similar Pac thread a while back  
poke.gif

ukliam3.gif

race.gif
you know, you're right.

rock.gif

You're more reflective 'cause you shaved every hair off your body!!!!
heheh...you bastid.
tounge.gif

It enhances the thinkin process, I say!

Back