Help keep me in the game...

(bigdr @ Nov. 06 2006,20:51) ...........
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
I'll drink to that, my bro...
beerchug.gif
all_coholic.gif

Although I can't say that I've tried it before...
rock.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,20:47) If the bike is paid for dont do anything you will regret later on Paul. If its money you need just holla. Park the old girl for a while and enjoy playing with your son. The Busa will always be ready and waiting for you dairy air providing you store her properly.  
race.gif
bike is all paid for...and yeah, I sure could use some $$$. You know, mo' time than money...
laugh.gif

Yeah...I guess I could see how it goes letting the bike sit. It's just the "storing correctly" part that's a little tricky.

Hmm...more time with my son. Yeah...I could do that too. Mebbe there's just too much on my mind.

(USMCBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21:01) Paul, you are thinking about it to much. Just drink a cold one and sleep on it.
hmm....well, I have been accused of overanalyzing things. Guess it wouldn't be the first time I'm at fault for that.

A cold sounds pretty dang good right around now....

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21:13)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,20:47) If the bike is paid for dont do anything you will regret later on Paul. If its money you need just holla. Park the old girl for a while and enjoy playing with your son. The Busa will always be ready and waiting for you dairy air providing you store her properly.  
race.gif
bike is all paid for...and yeah, I sure could use some $$$. You know, mo' time than money...
laugh.gif

Yeah...I guess I could see how it goes letting the bike sit. It's just the "storing correctly" part that's a little tricky.

Hmm...more time with my son. Yeah...I could do that too. Mebbe there's just too much on my mind.
Watch out my bruva, an idle mind is the devils play ground.
wow.gif

I guess that explains everything
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

heheh...you know it ain't like that, my homie.

Just got too much on my mind. Then again, the wifey always asks me how come I'm so "creative".
wow.gif
laugh.gif

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,21:22) heheh...you know it ain't like that, my homie.

Just got too much on my mind. Then again, the wifey always asks me how come I'm so "creative".  
wow.gif

laugh.gif
<span style='color:orangered'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>TMI</span></span>

Too much information.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I consider many here friends, I read about their accidents and wonder "what if that were me?" often. We've lost members since I signed on and it's times like that when I really do wonder myself if I should hang it up and live the safer life...I've lost a loved one in a crash, I hear of wrecks all of the time and struggle with my decisions to ride, especially when the hubby does it too and we have little ones to think about...

Only you can answer that Pac...it's going to be different for each person here. You weight the risks with the fun and fulfillment you get from riding, you probably take a few extra steps to be safer but always know that bad things can happen...the feelings may pass and they may not...you'll know if/when it's time to call it a day.

Hey PAC
cool.gif

Just take a breather for a bit, collect your thoughts, and keep on riding. Just use the events as an everyday reminder of the hazards we face, and use that as a guide to your riding style and level of awareness.

Pick the times you ride carefully. You can't remove the risks, but you can manage them.

Good luck to you. Please let your friends know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

I believe that we choose our path when our soul enters a fetus. Your death is preplanned. Nothing you can do about it.

So you might as well have fun while you can.

Hey Pac, I'm still dealing with this. I've allways had a bike, I've allways considered myself a rider. BUT ALL SUMMER (Perfect Summer I may Add) I rode... Prolly about 20 miles. Yup, 20...

See I bought a fun car, and now I have just about lost all interest in riding. I have a hard time getting excited about it. Problem is I see so many negatives to getting out on the road now that the positives have faded somewhat.

Folks like to get all romantic and pile on a bunch of tasty sunshine thoughts and reasons to keep riding. Being OUT IN THE WORLD. Blah Blah Blah... But then I see the guy sweating his a55 off in the sun or freezing his a55 in the rain and I am thinking WTF? That doesn't look like any fun at all.

There aren't any roads left that are not just rotten with fuggin cagers wrapped around their own sense of entitlement. There is no decent escape for me to get out to the open road.

If I do sell Lilah which is increasingly likely, I'll probably be bummed, but I don't think I'll miss it. If i decide I want to ride again at somepoint i'll shop for a new bike.

For now though, the risk/benefit factors just aren't aligned for me anymore. I do not derive the same amount of enjoyment from riding that I used to. I find the discomfort, the environmental hazards and the Human factors to outweigh the fun right now. I have a whole lot more fun Ripping through the canyons in a sporty car, with the windows down listening to the engine, than I do on a bike. If it rains, I'm dry, if it's cold I am warm, and if I get clipped by a Buick? Pretty damned good chance I'm just walking away...

Besides, I can carry on a real conversation with the wife while I drive and bring some luggage along for a long weekend.

So yeah... I dunno what the answer for you is bro. I cannot help you there. I can say though that there will allways be other bikes, and that people change and thats OK. If your not comfortable riding, and it's lost some of it appeal then hang it up for awhile. It'll still be there.

I dunno what I'm going to do... Part of me is saying sell the Busa, and buy a Mustang, Put a Blower on it, or an M3.... Lilah is payed for, but I don't want the bike to sit without being ridden, and I do not think that just the occasional 4 mile ride is good for her.

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:42) Just this past Saturday, a friend of mine crashed. Old lady ran a stop sign at a t-section, stopped in the middle of the road. Friend ended up taggin the ass end of her vehicle, goes airborn and ends up hitting the telephone pole.
Why do they always stop in the damn middle of the road as soon as they realize they ran a stop sign or light?

I can't even count how many close calls I've had like that. It's like...as soon as it occurs to them that they ran a signal and there's another vehicle coming at them they just slam on the brakes in the middle of the road.

I mean if you're going to run the sign at least do it quickly and get the f#@k out of the way instead of sitting in the middle of the road waiting for me to slam into you.

And yeah, I do sometimes think of friends and board members. People who have changed their entire lives because they wanted to be out there on the road. I understand that, I can relate to that, I've been there.

But at some point the risk VS Reward scale shifts and there is no purpose in being out there anymore other than stubborness, and an ego.

(VaBusa @ Nov. 07 2006,05:37) I consider many here friends, I read about their accidents and wonder "what if that were me?" often.  We've lost members since I signed on and it's times like that when I really do wonder myself if I should hang it up and live the safer life...I've lost a loved one in a crash, I hear of wrecks all of the time and struggle with my decisions to ride, especially when the hubby does it too and we have little ones to think about...

Only you can answer that Pac...it's going to be different for each person here.  You weight the risks with the fun and fulfillment you get from riding, you probably take a few extra steps to be safer but always know that bad things can happen...the feelings may pass and they may not...you'll know if/when it's time to call it a day.
yeah...I know, Em. Hopefully this is just a passing thing.

(stkr00 @ Nov. 07 2006,05:52) Hey PAC
cool.gif

Just take a breather for a bit, collect your thoughts, and keep on riding.  Just use the events as an everyday reminder of the hazards we face, and use that as a guide to your riding style and level of awareness.

Pick the times you ride carefully.  You can't remove the risks, but you can manage them.  

Good luck to you.  Please let your friends know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.
thanks me ol pal...

I'm starting to think that it may be time to follow suit of you and a couple of other fellows here...meaning retire from the street and stay on the track.

That seems to be the best route right now.

(LadyHawk @ Nov. 07 2006,06:12) I believe that we choose our path when our soul enters a fetus. Your death is preplanned. Nothing you can do about it.

So you might as well have fun while you can.
that is true...and it's kinda how I've been living up to now. But like stkr said up there, it's coming down to how I manage the risks.

I'm really starting to distrust these drivers nowadays.
sad.gif

(CrashBomb @ Nov. 07 2006,14:56)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:42) Just this past Saturday, a friend of mine crashed. Old lady ran a stop sign at a t-section, stopped in the middle of the road. Friend ended up taggin the ass end of her vehicle, goes airborn and ends up hitting the telephone pole.
Why do they always stop in the damn middle of the road as soon as they realize they ran a stop sign or light?

I can't even count how many close calls I've had like that. It's like...as soon as it occurs to them that they ran a signal and there's another vehicle coming at them they just slam on the brakes in the middle of the road.

I mean if you're going to run the sign at least do it quickly and get the f#@k out of the way instead of sitting in the middle of the road waiting for me to slam into you.
yup...classic "deer in the headlights" syndrome. That's what'll get us every time.
sad.gif

(Revlis @ Nov. 07 2006,14:32) Hey Pac, I'm still dealing with this.  I've allways had a bike, I've allways considered myself a rider.  BUT  ALL SUMMER  (Perfect Summer I may Add) I rode...  Prolly about 20 miles.  Yup, 20...

See I bought a fun car, and now I have just about lost all interest in riding.  I have a hard time getting excited about it.  Problem is I see so many negatives to getting out on the road now that the positives have faded somewhat.

Folks like to get all romantic and pile on a bunch of tasty sunshine thoughts and reasons to keep riding.  Being OUT IN THE WORLD.  Blah Blah Blah...  But then I see the guy sweating his a55 off in the sun or freezing his a55 in the rain and I am thinking WTF?  That doesn't look like any fun at all.

There aren't any roads left that are not just rotten with fuggin cagers wrapped around their own sense of entitlement.  There is no decent escape for me to get out to the open road.  

If I do sell Lilah which is increasingly likely, I'll probably be bummed, but I don't think I'll miss it.  If i decide I want to ride again at somepoint i'll shop for a new bike.

For now though, the risk/benefit factors just aren't aligned for me anymore.  I do not derive the same amount of enjoyment from riding that I used to.  I find the discomfort, the environmental hazards and the Human factors to outweigh the fun right now.  I have a whole lot more fun Ripping through the canyons in a sporty car, with the windows down listening to the engine, than I do on a bike.  If it rains, I'm dry, if it's cold I am warm, and if I get clipped by a Buick?  Pretty damned good chance I'm just walking away...  

Besides, I can carry on a real conversation with the wife while I drive and bring some luggage along for a long weekend.  

So yeah...  I dunno what the answer for you is bro.  I cannot help you there.  I can say though that there will allways be other bikes, and that people change and thats OK.  If your not comfortable riding, and it's lost some of it appeal then hang it up for awhile.  It'll still be there.

I dunno what I'm going to do...  Part of me is saying sell the Busa, and buy a Mustang, Put a Blower on it, or an M3....  Lilah is payed for, but I don't want the bike to sit without being ridden, and I do not think that just the occasional 4 mile ride is good for her.
Ive deliberately chosen to get to your posts last, bro.

Reason being? They cut real close to home...kinda what I was thinking but too afraid to actually acknowledge it and grant it validity.

I mean, I don't mind being out in the rain or in the sun. I enjoy 'em both. My ride time is my therapy time...all the sh!tty thoughts I got goin on in my head are finally shut out (since for some reason I can't do it on my own) and my mind is at peace.

For me, it's not so much a fun factor (although it is quite enjoyable) but more of a neccesity for peace of mind. I'm trying to weigh the risks of riding...and it seems that with all that's happened lately, I'm starting to edge towards being in the safest possible environment instead of taking the huge risks (see note about getting clipped by Buick) that are associated with being on the street.

You and I need to sit down together more often for a round of some sushi and perhaps a glass or 5 of fine wine.
beerchug.gif

(Revlis @ Nov. 07 2006,15:09) And yeah, I do sometimes think of friends and board members.  People who have changed their entire lives because they wanted to be out there on the road.  I understand that, I can relate to that, I've been there.  

But at some point the risk VS Reward scale shifts and there is no purpose in being out there anymore other than stubborness, and an ego.
and another nail hit right on the head.

Well, the part about the stubborness, at any rate. The risk VS reward scale seems to be shifting on me...and I'm just trying to figure a way to justify and rationalize my still being out there. No more ego for me...I have been firmly reminded of my mortality already.

Trying to figure out just how much am I willing to risk for peace of mind...trying to figure out if peace o mind is really worth it.

Damn...

I think you should hang it up.

Now... can I buy your busa for say, about $1200 ? ? ? ?
biggrin.gif

Back