Help keep me in the game...

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Been wondering if it's all worth it lately...or if I should just hang up the helmet and gear and call it a day.

Couple of weeks ago, my supervisor's stepson gets into a wreck. Apparently, he was riding alone. Had on a helmet, but no other gear, I think. Hit a gravel patch, skidded off the road and straight into a rockface.

Cracked helmet, broken vertebrae in his back and neck. Paralyzed from the waist down, was med-evac'd to Hawaii. Think he's still paralyzed. Not too sure, though.

Just this past Saturday, a friend of mine crashed. Old lady ran a stop sign at a t-section, stopped in the middle of the road. Friend ended up taggin the ass end of her vehicle, goes airborn and ends up hitting the telephone pole. Biek gets split in half after hitting the pole, my friend suffers a broken left hand and a broken left leg.

Shin broken, only thing that kept it from gettin severed clean off were his tendons and ligaments...and a piece of skin about two inches wide.

Visited him in the hospital last night. On the way there, some a-hole pulls out on front of me, forcing me to change lanes in the middle of an intersection. What a fuggin jerk-off.

As if that wasn't enough, on my way home, I see another accident. Appears one guy ran clear off the road, hit and jumped the guardrail, landed in the bushes. It was pretty wierd seeing a car in the bushes behind a guardrail. WTF....

Decided to take the cage for a bit today. Still wondering about everything.

I dunno. What say you? Keep the game? Hang it up?

laugh.gif

Oh this is RICH. I've lost it and am now carrying a conversation with myself.

Online, no less! Good lord...I need to go out and get lunch.

After the last big accident , I sat outta the game for 8 years Paul . Now I regret all that lost time !
wink.gif

ah well...toodles for now.
biggrin.gif

Guess I'll try an sort things out on my way. Look forward to hearing from y'alls. TIA...
beerchug.gif

took me two years to get back into the game after my wreck, 'puter....

It's just that I'm seein so much crashin lately. Ugh....

(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,17:49)
laugh.gif

No you're just "Gardening"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

oh...and do I regret sitting out for those two years? I dunno...

I don't think I do.
rock.gif

Crap...

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,17:53)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,17:49)
laugh.gif

No you're just "Gardening"  
laugh.gif
BWAHAHA....

you bastid...and here I am being serious about things.
laugh.gif

Hmm....they're on to me. Hehe...

Seriously, though. Whaddya think, bro?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think ya been working too hard
wink.gif
take a day off and go for a nice looooonnnnggggg ride on that little rock of your's
biggrin.gif

Paul -
Ya you think too much. If you are saying that you don't want anything to happen to you because you have a boy to raise - I could see that, but seeing accidents? We'll when people drive beyond thier abilities, accidents happen. I think you should just ride like you have a family to come home to and keep an eye out for people running stop signs and or lights...

Hang with it broham!

You Do, Know, What your doing !!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you never would have even started this post...........................................
super.gif

Just know that when you are riding your bike, you are 100 % man and machine at all times when that key is in the on position.

My words of wisdom ...

For tonight..........

hmm....that could be it as well.

All work and no play makes PAC a dull boy. Mebbe just too much time in the office?

I dunno...I've already seen one friend die. Almost lost another one Saturday.

WTH....

(Warputer @ Nov. 06 2006,17:56)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,20:54) oh...and do I regret sitting out for those two years? I dunno...

I don't think I do.
rock.gif

Crap...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You laugh, but really...I'm lost on it.
rock.gif

oh well. live on and love strong.
biggrin.gif
Or was it the other way around.
rock.gif

Guess I need to think more about my self-imposed hiatus. Mebbe it did me good. Dunno...

laugh.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I believe that when the Man upstairs calls for your appearance, it makes no difference what you are doing. I have gotten away with stuff I had no business walking away from, conversely, one of my best friends lost an 11 y/o and an infant in a wreck last year.
When it's time, it's time bro. If you no longer enjoy riding, that's one thing, but don't quit for the fear of what might happen.
Just my .02

its your call ! i would run out of fingers if i tried to count the idiots i encounter in one ride , some say its unskilled riders , ive heard of many skilled riders goin down , then the freak incidents where it was just the wrong place at the wrong time ? one of my buddies just took flight driving at 20 mph , a 16 year old driver talkin on her cell phone pulled out of a parkin lot from a stop in front of him 2 lane divided road she crossed in front of him he went over the front of the car , how do you see that one coming ? hes ok , bike is totaled just a freak accident ? or did luck run out

sometimes i think luck fate has alot to do with it , it sucks !!!!!!!!!!!
rant.gif

agressive riding ,but not overly agressive
defensive but not too defensive

it takes a lucky rider to survive ?

spmetimes sh!t happens
just dont be there when it does !

now im talkin to my self too
beerchug.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 06 2006,17:56) Paul -
Ya you think too much.  If you are saying that you don't want anything to happen to you because you have a boy to raise - I could see that, but seeing accidents?  We'll when people drive beyond thier abilities, accidents happen.  I think you should just ride like you have a family to come home to and keep an eye out for people running stop signs and or lights...

Hang with it broham!
hmm...true. But geez...I sure hate to be in the path of someone who drove beyond their skills. I'd be pissed as hell.

Mebbe I'm just not thinkin enough. Not sitting still long enough to thoroughly think through things.

Ya gotta BREATHE brother...you're just all stressed out with all thats goin' on
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Nov. 06 2006,17:57) You Do, Know,  What your doing !!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you never  would have even started this post...........................................
super.gif

Just know that when you are riding your bike, you are 100 % man and machine at all times when that key is in the on position.

My words of wisdom ...

For tonight..........
True....true.

Back