Help, help,help

OB_James Rhodes

Registered
Purchased a 00 silver and grey. I am interested in getting some speed mod. done to the busa. I talked with Bob Carpenter Racing. Bob laid some heavy hp numbers on me. He said his 1340 kit mod. will produce a whopping 200+rwhp. This is without a pipe or any other mods. I need to varify this. Who better than you guys? Has anyone experienced or heard of getting this amt. of production from a kit,cams,porting? Help, help help!

Yo, if you talked to BOB the his word is the truth. The stock exhaust system if pretty efficient plus it will give your bike that "sleeper" look you will need to get unfair starting advantages. Go with the Pro's advice. Or just save you ducks for a turbo system and really kick some *** ........

Hell, if your really looking to street race save all your money and spend $1000 on NOS.

anyway -

The bottom line is not the amount of money you spend but how well you can out "hole-shot" the next man. It takes alot of money to out-run someone with "skills".

Good Luck !

James, it can be done. How soon are wanting to do your Mods?

You can look at two weeks of down time to get yourself a 200+ motor.

My engine builder is in St. Louis, it's a 600 mile round trip for Me....

I couldn't have found a more knowledgeable person for the Hayabusa motor!

Bob Carpenter, is one of the top engine builders for the busa right now. He has done over 25 of them and one of them was mine. I have well over 200 hp and he had to redo a diaster that Stupid Bike Mike from FL made on my engine. You won't be sorry messing with Carpenter.

Johnny, he said Busa...but James, what kind of bike are you asking about?

Blue & silver Busa?

Silver ZX-12?

We're confused. There is no silver/grey Busa.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 01 April 2000).]

senior member, thanks for responding to my sos. my 00 busa is silver/grey. will you give me the name and number of your builder in st. louis? My objective is to have my busa mod to develop over 200rwhp. To get information on how best to accomplish this is what I am attempting. Thanks.
e-mail jerhodes@prodigy.net

I just read this thread and I must say I have yet to hear of anyone else with a silver/grey Suzuki Hayabusa. I'd love to know where you got it and if possible, where I can see a picture of it. it might be time for a color chage.

Oh..and which senior memeber??

Don't Worry James, some times it get a little boring around here and guy's like make each other look a little silly for time to time........ :)

I would like to see a pic of your Silver & Grey Busa; thats a new one on Me???

I used an engine builder in ATlanta Ga and I did the weisco stock bore pistons, web cams,adjustable cam sprockets, mild head work, stock valves, manual cam chain tensioner and the brock clutch mod.

The cost was a LOT less that some of the big name guys like carpenter etc and I am very happy with his work. He has built many Hayabusas for the local street racing scene in Atlanta and at least two for guys on here. Mine runs great and I have had no problems whatsoever. It power wheelies in second easily and I did not lose much on the bottom end. In other words I built a nice reliable street motor that still puts out the hp to the floor.

Give him a call if you want info.
Doug at 770-907-6330

Back