cam

MACBRYDE

Registered
i need some schooling on cams,someone inlite me on them,im putting a 1430 piston kit along with a bob head heavy duty springs,titanium valves.the works,my mechanic tells me i need to find a set of cams,will someone tell me what the numbers stand for 385/385 or 440/395 i dont know what they mean,which is not helping me at all,i dont know what im actually looking for,in cams im still gonna be riding this bike on the road .can anyone help

If Carpenter did the head, you really need to call him and see what he recommends to go with it based on your needs and the head you are using.

The 440/395 - 385/385 is referring to the lift. Intake is the first number and exhaust is the second. In most cases the intake is bigger. Strange things start happening when you get into big ported heads some need more lift to make them work.

Here is a link to webs listing.

Web Camshafts 1300 page

BTW,

A 1430 is going to be very difficult to make live on the street. A few have done it. I hope your mechanic has what it takes to make this work for you. I remember you asking about 1397 vs 1430. I'm afraid you went the wrong way. I hope it works out for you.

BTW,

A 1430 is going to be very difficult to make live on the street. A few have done it. I hope your mechanic has what it takes to make this work for you. I remember you asking about 1397 vs 1430. I'm afraid you went the wrong way. I hope it works out for you.
hes gonna give me low compression ,so i wont run hot.

I'd try mega's stage 2 and no larger...keep the lobe centers near recomended settings...or use brocks cams...use his website for recommended lobe centers or call him......Your still going to overheat with that setup..I hope it works out for ya

BTW,

Does it matter how he gets the 1430. ie...84mm pistons and stroke it w/ say an 08' crank. or boring it to 1430 86mm I think
rock.gif
WILL THEY HAVE THE SAME ISSUES
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back