help! bodyparts needed !

OB_crazy bill

Registered
anyone have or know where i could get a right side fairing and rear bodypanel , preferrably in black and grey . possibly even a manufacturer that might be producing quality aftermarket panels .
i crashed mine last night and i want to get it fixed asap. i didnt get hurt too bad , just some roadrash and alittle hip damage.no big deal. my bike on the otherhand is all screwed up. that new micron is scratched to no end,shifter broke off,right fairing is completly destroyed and the rear bodywork has a large hole in it.the upper is fixable, just some scratches.
guess the trip to gainsville is off now....
anybodys help is extreamly appreciated!!!!!

Wow Crazybill I'm beginning to wonder about you and your Busa! You're starting to make a habit of this. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. Tell us how it happened so we can try to avoid the same. Check with Sharkskin. JeffW is planning on switching over to SS and there were some pics posted not long ago. They looked pretty nice but would have to be painted.

If no one has the SS pics available by tomorrow I think I have then on my work PC and I'll make sure you get them.

I should mention: If I remember correctly the SS replacements are a little different than stock and you would need to replace all the stock pieces or things wouldn't look right. Were you hoping to find a direct stock duplicate/replacement only?

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 07 November 1999).]

Bummer! I very much wish I could help but I need all of my body parts...I might consider riding w/o lowers in an "emergency" situation in which the other option is not to ride...I did this with my VFR for quite a while after the 2ed crash...spent the ins. mony on tires, pipe and jets, gas, FOOD, beer, ect...very ugly, but I got used to it and couldn't tell that the bike looked like it got dragged down a back road by a pick up truck when I was RIDING it...the sucker ran better the older it got and never got bent, and I sold it "as is" for good bucks after the test ride...

ya wanna know what happened huh. i wish i knew exactly. i was dragracing some old kaw and about 80 feet into it the bike just broke the tire loose and the bike shot out to the left and went sliding into a big curb. i just slid down the road and rolled a few times. helmet didnt even get a scratch though.
i dont know if i hit an oil spot or what but it really happened fast. the worst part was watching it slide down the street after i stopped sliding.it just amkes me sic just thinking about it !
appreciate your help guys !

Sorry to hear about your spill crazy bill. I too am looking for body parts and I talked to AirTech and they have fiberglass replcement panels for the BUSA. If you want to see their website go to the links page on this side and click on AirTech.
I was thinking of just getting the original parts and SIGY if you read this can you tell me who gives the best deal on these?
I damaged my BUSA while taking a left hand turn about 20 mph, some sand on the road, bike slipped and laid it down on the left side.

Crazy Bill,I hope you find your parts,I low sided my wifes Harley going into work $1,200 damage,just making a turn not even racing.Harley crah bars work,saved my leg.Glad you're not hurt.

well , i found a complete body kit in black and grey for 1500.00 . you guys think this is a decent deal? im trying to get it for a little less if i can .
im considering changing over to copper though if i can find a complete kit to do it.
i dont really need a complete kit to fix the bike but this is twice now , so im not mad about having extra body parts lying around.
i need a shifter too if anybody has onethey would come up off of.

heh bill ,sorry about the crash. I have a right lower that was laid down in the grass so it just rubbed some paint off down by the engine cover but didn't damage the plastic. if interested email me at sigyt@aol.com....$1500 is still very high.....if you want new I'll tell you who to call for a better deal.

...very cool...I'll keep you guys in mind! Never hurts to know...so far so good, and although I'm not quite to the point of cringing at the sight of my 'Busa, these posts and all are causing my to aproach each riding session with a certain scence of...anticipation.

...we call that a low sidden it, dude! Pride goeth be for the fall! they knew that **** before they invented bikes! Easy on that TRIGGER buko...that clutch is very difficult and you got power, remember? Your bike CAME UP ON THE CAM and spit you off...that IS a pretty skinny tire back there and you were racing the OTHER BIKE and not running your OWN RACE! CUT THAT OUT so you won't DIE! You'll catch em!(I can see it like I was there...is a vision). Do like 'Pete says and find a teacher (Dale Walker? Fast Freind?) Best buck you can spend to go fast...you will fall back on your training in a crisis, even if it suks...ask FC...what? NO training... uh.oh...

Back