need some help again

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
I need some info on the stack spotlight mod for the busa. I currently have a HID kit on my busa and wanted to do the mod for appearance sake, but I am getting the impression that My HID kit would be useless as this kit comes with projector lights built in. Anyone running this mod. How difficult would it be to use my HID bulbs in place of the existing set up.
Please help me out as I want to make a purchase soon because I will have to have it molded and painted.

doublestacked.jpg

You need to find out what kind of bulbs the projector uses, then see if you can get HID for those...that's if the bulbs aren't integrated into the projector. More than likely, you're busa HID bulbs will not work though.

Thanks for the reply, the bulbs aren't so much an issue, its more the ballast and complete kit that I have. I mean its no big deal, if I have to replace them its fine. I can sell them off. But I don't want to give up the great vision I get from my HID, just for looks.

So you are asking what affect the projectors would have on the HID, i.e. canceling them out.

This is a good question, I would say disconnect the low beam and ride with just the high to get a feel.

If you were to do a stacked I say do the HID in the top and a yellow bulb in the bottom.

OK so this is what I know, the mod would replace my HID kit as it comes with its own projector style lamps. So, how do the projector lamps compare to the HIDs? Also if they are aren't as bright does anyone know if this piece can be modified, to accept the HIDS or can I get brighter projectors lamps. I am going to buy them and hop for the best.

OK so this is what I know, the mod would replace my HID kit as it comes with its own projector style lamps. So, how do the projector lamps compare to the HIDs? Also if they are aren't as bright does anyone know if this piece can be modified, to accept the HIDS or can I get brighter projectors lamps. I am going to buy them and hop for the best.
Projector lamps are a style they are only as good as the bulb that is in there.

Remember that a projector by design does not spread the light it "projects" a solid beam of light.

To see how it would work, disconnect your low beam on the busa and just ride on the high beam. That is how it would be with the stacked lights, accept you will point one at the ground and one down the street.

I spoke to Tybalt about this HID think for his, and if they make an HID in the bulb size you are set. I think these are H1s, so you would simply need to locate and H1 HID bulb

When you talk about modifying anything is possible
winkold.gif

Back