Help fitting Gen 1 Nose Fairing

you might think im crazy but the grills in the ram air ducts can cause that problem..if the fairings fit then you put the grills in then they didn't,well.....
I have run into this before,the grills make the diameter of the ram airs larger therefore not letting the ram air tubes fit into the rear of the nose/upper. so then the nose cant go all the way into place like it should be. I have ran into this several times.

I removed the grills and it is much better. I didn't realise putting your hand thru and guiding the nose onto the rams makes it a lot easier too. I still have smaller even gaps both sides but I think the nose sits a bit lower than stock so the bend takes them.

Thank you all for your help. I have much much smaller gaps to deal with but most of all they are symmetrical yay!

good deal man! :beerchug:
I removed the grills and it is much better. I didn't realise putting your hand thru and guiding the nose onto the rams makes it a lot easier too. I still have smaller even gaps both sides but I think the nose sits a bit lower than stock so the bend takes them.

Thank you all for your help. I have much much smaller gaps to deal with but most of all they are symmetrical yay!

Im going to find a plastic black mesh, like the ones you see round fruit, and put some black bin bag material behind it to put in the small gaps that are left. I feel this will blend the carbon to the bike best, and remain flexible. Just hope it looks pro lol

Back