My first mods...

echoseven

Froot Loop
Donating Member
Registered
Today I did my first mods (besides removing ugly stickers and side markers). I bought the 10 piece chrome fairing grill set from Vic_E55_2001, which look awesome by the way, and for Christmas I got LED turn signals and clear integrated tail lens. Yesterday me and my dad epoxied the grill 0n the fairings, and today worked on putting the bike back together.

We had one big problem. The front fairing would not go on! While we were trying to push it on, the epoxy kept popping off and the nose grills both came loose. We got the left side on just fine, but the right side grill kept it from lining up properly in the air duct. Took the grill completely out and it went together just fine. So the only way we could get the front end on was to take the grills out.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any suggestions? It doesn't look right without the grills, see below...

BusaFrontNoGrill.jpg

Putting the grills on the front bring out the chrome turn signals. The next mod should be tobin seats and the clear clutch cover. If you are looking for rims goto ebay and buy them sometimes you will find some reasonable priced rims

I would reinstall the grilles and then carefully put the front fairing back in place. It can be tough sometimes, but don't give up. Bike looks good.

your going have to glue them back in and slowly work the nose back on, they are sometimes hard to refit back into place, but take your time and it will go back together. make sure the screens are against the mounting surface all the way around the opening. you can use a dab of of hot glue right there for a temp hold, then put the silicone or the good glue on .

Okay, so I finally got the C.A. LED front turn signals to work and got the grills back on the front. Had to fight for over 2 hours but it's all good now. Once I got it working properly, took her for a spin.

aftermods1.jpg

here's another pic. got a chrome piece to fill the gap by the gas tank, and a chrome ignition key cover.

aftermods2.jpg

Back