HELP Damper Loose?

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Trying to get her back together for the bash.

Just did steering damper mod and put back at specified torque. Completed few more mods and about to put back together.

Notice that the damper moved freely up and down???

Backed out fasteners and retightened to specified torque and still "wobbles" at the center fastener. I have the dust shields in. Does this sound normal? I don't remember what it was like before. Just drove in from Mexico. Thanks.

Yep same here mine does the same thing you are good to go not to mention if you want me to have a look at it tomorrow I will look at it if you want me to.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

That's not normal. You have to leave the center bolt off before you tighten the other bolt otherwise it will not tighten and you will notice that the holes in the bottom end of the bolt are not visible.

ukliam3.gif
ukliam3.gif
ukliam3.gif
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
ukliam3.gif
ukliam3.gif
ukliam3.gif

tighten it before something bad happens.

AAAssjani.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

if you mean it rotates up and down on the bolt at the center point? yes it moves it has a ball type conection there.

(DBo @ Sep. 23 2007,21:25) NOOOOO!!!!!!!
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

That's not normal. You have to leave the center bolt off before you tighten the other bolt otherwise it will not tighten and you will notice that the holes in the bottom end of the bolt are not visible.

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE  
ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

tighten it before something bad happens.
Thanks to all.

I will get with some other local members and check against theirs...

beerchug.gif

AAAssjani.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

For those who doubt go to the dealer and just reach up in there and check a stock bike. For that matter any bike with a damper. If you can't see the holes at the bottom of the bolt it is not on tight enough.

never touched mine and it floats around really easily, how long did it take you to do the mod and which oil did you use? Maybe I should do mine before Thursday

(bogusLogon @ Sep. 24 2007,17:12) never touched mine and it floats around really easily,  how long did it take you to do the mod and which oil did you use?   Maybe I should do mine before Thursday
Mod takes 20 minutes. I used Lucas 90-140 HD gear oil.

Taking it off and going with a GPR though...
eek2.gif

Back