07 750 damper?

samw5

Registered
Just wondering if an 07 GSXR750 steering damper would fit on the busa?

I've done the 90w mod on my stock damper and it does seem a bit better now (redone it again) but I have a bit of steering play at low angles that I don't like. I'm wondering if a stock 07 750 damper may work better (remote reservoir) or if I should just invest into an aftermarket piece (and if so what would fit the busa).

trying to figure out what else would work besides the busa damper.

from what i could dig, the stroke should be around 63mm. i'm not sure how important that is at least if within specs (the GSXR are around 68mm which doesn't seem like a huge different).

i'm also looking at aftermarket pieces... some of them real cheap but i'm wondering if they would fit.

any input?

If you have excessive "steering play" I would strongly suggest you take a look at the Steering head bearings. A new Damper wont help loose bearings.

what do you mean by loose? can you rock the steering assembly in the steering head or the thing just goes left/right easily

aftermarket stuff I bet it is a big 'get what you pay for' thing... and boy are they proud of them whew...

i mean that i don't feel the damper until the steering is moved maybe 5 degree off axis. from -5 to 0 to 5 from center I almost don't feel any resistance, almost like there isn't any oil in the damper (I'm wondering if maybe I have a bubble in it, but I changed the oil while submerged).

Steering bearing is definitely fine, the bike only have 5k mi, not hard driven.

ok just redid the damper oil. Looks like I still had air bubbles in it, and it was making the damper much softer (almost no resistance) when quickly moving the steering (but not far off axis).

hopefully next ride will be better... though it's getting cold.

oh also I noticed some sort of metallic noise coming from my TRS can... like something metal inside the can is moving when the bike runs. any idea what this could be or if it's normal. it's a fairly new full line that i bought off ebay.

Back