Can it be done with an Ohlins damper on a Gen1?

1busa

Registered
My question is can an Ohlins steering damper for a Gen1 be mounted underneath where the stock damper is located? I know they are made for a top mount setup on the Gen1's but I've heard that it may be possible to mount underneath. I would really appreciate any feedback or links that point me in the right direction. I know some of you are probably wondering why not just mount it where its supposed to go??? Well I would but I already have a steering stem mount installed that holds my radar and rear camera monitor so its not possible. So I'm trying to find another way to upgrade from a stock damper.

An Ohlins top mount wont block the hole for a stem mount!
And why would you want to mount an adjustable dampner where you cant adjust it on the fly?

I seen pics of how the damper mounts to the stem and was told that it would interfere with my stem mount setup. Guess I was told wrong, I am only trying to upgrade from the stock damper so I figured even if I couldn't adjust on the fly it would still be an improvement from stock.

My question is can an Ohlins steering damper for a Gen1 be mounted underneath where the stock damper is located? I know they are made for a top mount setup on the Gen1's but I've heard that it may be possible to mount underneath. I would really appreciate any feedback or links that point me in the right direction. I know some of you are probably wondering why not just mount it where its supposed to go??? Well I would but I already have a steering stem mount installed that holds my radar and rear camera monitor so its not possible. So I'm trying to find another way to upgrade from a stock damper.

here's a pic of my setup with a Ram Mount stem for my iphone. Not an ohlin but you see it can be done.

507.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and the pics. I found a nice deal on an ohlins and my friend was telling me that it wouldn't work with my stem mount. I guess he was wrong. My fear was spending a nice chunk of change and it not be able to install it. Guess I'll give it a try! You guys are always on top of the ball, much appreciated :bowdown:

Back