Help a long-term member

Yep... Looks like I will finish with 29,930 votes and in third place... Shout-out to all of you for the awesome support through this long and tedious vote process!!! You guys and gals helped put me in third place; which should get me before the judges. Now the weight of the competition is on my shoulders. Hopefully, my fitness level, life, and story will be more than enough to impact the judges in a positive way!

Nine hemophiliac children sent me photos saying how much I inspired (and continue to inspire) them... They come from the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia... I consider this a major win!!! On top of that... Literally hundreds of hemo and vWD moms have PM'd me to tell me how much of an impact I've had on their children and families.

HUGS to all!!!

We have created a base and platform that will continue to inspire... We did it!!! We inspired thousands!!! Pat yourselves on the back!!

Love you all,
Vaughn

Great news Vaughn!! So happy to hear you've been such an inspiration to kids from all over the world!!! :thumbsup:

Good news, and bad news... Well... I think it's all really good news!!!

Bill Phillips, the Editor-in-Chief of Men's Health magazine, just called me personally... He said that the judges had a hard time determining the final cut to the top three. A few had me in there, and a few didn't. Split decision... Unfortunately, they elected three other guys. Now for the good news - Bill made a "chief decision" and has chosen to do a story on me; which will also appear in the November issue.

My positive spin... This has been an awesome contest filled with 1,400 deserving competitors. Out of those fourteen-hundred, I was able to stay in the top three for the community vote! And, the judges were split about putting me in their top three... AMAZING!!! This is not only humbling, but also eye-opening! It has shown me the importance of my story and the fact that I must continue doing everything I can to inspire and help younger hemophiliacs and their families. I'm also going to ramp up efforts to do the same for people living with HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis.

What an incredible outcome to an arduous three months of asking you all for your support (daily). I consider this a win-win-win, because:
1. Someone very deserving (and inspiring) will make the cover;
2. I was able to create new friendships with hundreds of people;
3. I raised a boat-load of awareness for bleeding disorders and HIV/AIDS.

Now we need to keep this snowball growing and rolling!!!

Thank you so much for all of your support, kind words, and daily voting!!! You guys and gals are the real heroes!

Stay tuned for my next project!!

Love you all,
Vaughn

Back