Helmet. What is the lightest/least fogging

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I want light so I don't become a bobble head. I want absolutely no fogging. I want comfort. So what do I want, and how much do I have to spend? DOT is OK, above is a bonus.

I absolutely need controlled air across my eyes.

You guys have spent a lot of dollars and time figuring out what really works, so give me your advice.

I tried on many helmets bro, probably 15 different kinds, and really liked the ICON helmet, it was $250 though at the dealership and I'm sure I paid alittle extra, it is the latest model and I'm very happy with ICON.

There is 2 different spots to control air-flow and mine does not fog up at all, however, I did have to order the tinted shield seperately because they only had clear at this particular store.

I am a new rider though, you might wanna wait until theres more experienced riders responding before you order someting up, but I tried on several different helmets and as I said I liked ICON brand the best so thats what I got.

Thanks! Everyone else seems to think it doesn't rate an answer. Don't know why.

I have an Arai Corsair, but it sounds like that would be overkill for what you want.

Check Scorpion and Icon. They both make good helmets. Scorpion has a "No-Fog" shield that really works.

The real question is "How much is your head worth to you?"

I've crashed wearing and Arai, and walked away.

I tried on the Arai model they had at the store it seemed like really good protection but the ones they had their didn't fit my head real snug, the ICON is real comfy, light, and doesn't fog up for me. I wonder if he could find a site online that reviews motorcycle helmets so he can get alot of input, im sure there is helmet ratings/reviews somewhere do a google search for it FAV.

I went to that link, and...LOOK!! They got ICON helmets on SALE it says!! Unfortunately I see my helmet for $299.95 and I got it for $250 at the dealership...

Arai has three different shapes for heads. You have to find the right shape for your head, then the right size.

Hmmm, really???
smile.gif

BTW, nice Location...I like that...

I have an Arai Corsair, but it sounds like that would be overkill for what you want.

Check Scorpion and Icon. They both make good helmets. Scorpion has a "No-Fog" shield that really works.

The real question is "How much is your head worth to you?"

I've crashed wearing and Arai, and walked away.
I've crashed wearing a cheap DOT helmet, and walked away.

I do appreciate your answer. I'm trying to get the most aerodynamic and fog free helmet for the buck. My head will be 62 years old soon. It won't last that much longer no matter what I wear. I just want wind and fog out of my eyes!

Your 62 you still have alot of years left man, I'd try to find a helmet review site though where you got thousands of opinions.

Check the Scorpion - visit that link and read up, it's cheaper then then ICON and from what I can tell a really good helmet that won't fog up if thats really what you desire.

I LOVE my Scorpion helmet, it never fogged up UNTIL I took that rubber (nose gaurd ?) off, and even now it hardly ever fogs.

BUTT...I will admit, they are kinda windy, which is one of the things I like in the summer.

GMax was voted helmet of the year.  I haven't received mine yet, so I can't confirm or deny.  I can tell you it's only $107  
thumb_up.gif

linky

Thanks! Everyone else seems to think it doesn't rate an answer.  Don't know why.
patience grasshopper.

as to your question...

fit will depend on YOUR head, you'll have to try on helmets to find which one fits best.

www.webbikeworld.com has some good reviews on helmets.

i looked around for a helmet within a $300-350 budget in mind for what i wanted: removable washable lining, venting, light weight, and wide field of view. but for FIT i had to go up in price to the Arai RX7 Corsair $460 in black.

My HJC Carbon Fiber is light and comfortable...kind of noisy...but flows good air with vents open.

edit: Shield I have put on is fog..less. it fogs from my breath but disapperas quickly.

Carbon_Helmet_002__Small_.jpg

Back