Helmet or no helmet?

I don't care where I'm going, how long the trip is, or how tough I am. I REFUSE to ride without a helmet..... You slip on a snail turd and you could wake up, not being able to move, a machine breathing for you, your family crying and in pain, and you did it to them. No thank you, Helmet please.

Damn..thats packed full of irony. Whether or not there is a law, common sense tells you that in the case of head vs. object...the object wins damn near every time.

A 1983 Harley? Geesh. Flipped over the handlebars?
Sad but man what ammo he just gave all those in favor of helmet laws!
Those for helmets will speak about him for years to come.

I don't care where I'm going, how long the trip is, or how tough I am. I REFUSE to ride without a helmet..... You slip on a snail turd and you could wake up, not being able to move, a machine breathing for you, your family crying and in pain, and you did it to them. No thank you, Helmet please.

+1 same here. I always where my lid

Rockethead using Tapatalk

I am LIVING proof helmets WORK and should be worn. I've been down once on the street and rolled over 4 times. Each time hitting my head on the pavement,if I wasnt wearing a helmet I would have died. I also would not have been able to marry my wife and would not have been able to father 2 boys. The crash happened nearly 20 years ago.

My dad was coming home after work on a 55mph highway when a teenager pulled right out in front of him, just giving him time to slam the brakes to slow down as much as possible before tboning the car right in front of the drivers door. It threw him straight up in the air and dropped him in the opposite lanes of on coming traffic. 2 paramedics were in the McDonalds where she pulled out of and saw it happen (thankfully) and went to him immediately. They said "I have never seen a man get thrown that high up in the air, and live to tell about it" His clothes and helmet looked like he had a grenade go off in his hand. He still has knee and shoulder trouble, but he lived through it. So for us, riding without a helmet is not even an option.

It's sad that somebody died, especially when he proved the point of the opposing side. After all, he surely had folks that loved him and will miss him.

But wow! ???

Helmet, unless I am at Bike Week or some where I know I will be just cruising with speeds under 25mph. Other then that, Buckled up tight full face.

Helmet, unless I am at Bike Week or some where I know I will be just cruising with speeds under 25mph. Other then that, Buckled up tight full face.

Well, I have to agree with you. In Panama City I was known to roll around at about 5-8 mph without a helmet BUT it was with me and on when I left. 5-10 mph with traffic on the other side going the same speed and I mean TRAFFIC! PC during spring break, packed, not to mention the girls that LOVE guys on bikes. Good times....... Good times........ :beerchug:

Well, I have to agree with you. In Panama City I was known to roll around at about 5-8 mph without a helmet BUT it was with me and on when I left. 5-10 mph with traffic on the other side going the same speed and I mean TRAFFIC! PC during spring break, packed, not to mention the girls that LOVE guys on bikes. Good times....... Good times........ :beerchug:

Yeah, chicks dig scares... not a caved in skull.

(Waiving fist) stupid hot chicks making me hurt myself
Posted via Mobile Device

Helmets are a must!! Why would you not want to wear one when you know its protecting the most important part of your body. I just dont get it we buy frame sliders to protect the frame and everything important but want put a helmet or a jacket on to protect our bones and skull!!Hello

I wear a helmet all the time. It doesn't matter where I am going or how far or hot hot it is. I see people riding without helmets or glasses. A helmet is not just to protect your head. It also keeps bugs out of your face. :laugh:

Htown you are so right I was doing about eighty on the highway and this bug hit my face shield. Man I just dont know how they ride without a helmet. If I didnt have a helmet on it would of really hurt

Back