helmet handling wannabe's

BUSAFETT

Registered
Every blasted time I ride my bike into work, some gaddam wannabe comes by my desk and says "Oh wow hey you rode in today??!!" and usually shortly after, snatches my helmet off my desk to either try on or flip around to look at..

I've had to snatch it back immediately from a few folks, but was wondering if this bothers anyone else?

BF

(BUSAFETT @ Aug. 01 2007,16:06) Every blasted time I ride my bike into work, some gaddam wannabe comes by my desk and says "Oh wow hey you rode in today??!!" and usually shortly after, snatches my helmet off my desk to either try on or flip around to look at..

I've had to snatch it back immediately from a few folks, but was wondering if this bothers anyone else?

BF
Why don't you put in a helmut bag or case so they won't bother with it
wink.gif

If you leave it out there in plain sight AND they know that it bothers you when they play with it...their just gonna keep pushing your buttons
all_coholic.gif

it doesn't bother me that they want to look at it, but it does make me nervous when they handle it as if the don't care about scratching it. I paid too damn much to have some Arsehat drop it.

Dude...you need one of these, got em on both corners of my desk
tounge.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I put mine on top of the bookcase in my cube. It can be seen by everyone over the top of the cubicle wall, but they need to go through me to actually touch it.

(BUSAFETT @ Aug. 01 2007,18:06) ..some gaddam wannabe comes by my desk and says "Oh wow hey you rode in today??!!" ...
I usually reply "No, I just don't feel safe riding in my SUV." I withhold the "Here's your sign" part of it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I work in a shop and everyone knows to leave it alone. They know the consequences if something were to happen. I like getting even.

(dadofthree @ Aug. 01 2007,20:20) Helmet bag, under desk  
wink.gif
I think that this is the way to go- most of the folks who do it are usually young dudes who have never had the privilege, or older guys too whipped to be a part of the game.. Either way, I'm thinking the bag under the desk is the way to go..

BF

Mine ended up in the Women's bathroom.... then they sent a picture of it to me while I was in a meeting...

Nobody plays with the chef or his helmet,kinda sad because i'm really a funny dude,just not at work or in the kitchen.
SHOCKED.gif

My bike, helmet, and gear is strictly off limits without my permission. People have to believe they are risking a fight if they mess with your stuff. (They probably are not, unless I'm having a very bad day.)

Karl

I lock all of mine up in my cabinet to avoid ignorance, I hear its contagious.

Mine sits on a cabinet behind my desk no one touches it that I now of. But then again I don't have a helmet that has a bunch of graphics on it eaither nor did I pay over $300 for it.

I had one woman who deliberately put greasy fingerprints all over the mirrored shield on mine and said "Not so cool now are ya?"

She doesn't work with me anymore. Everyone now knows, hands Off.

Back