~~ shoei multitec helmet ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

First let me say that dealing with Helmet City out of Oakland, CA. has been wonderful. I ordered a helmet on 10/13/06 and we have been shipping back and forth since.

Yes. True. Had an Arai Corsair..returned for Shoei X-11. Didn't like either one. I know. Hard to believe. The best of the best for sure but they just didn't fit ME right.

Shoei came out with the Multitec to replace the Syncrotec. Since this was not yet released I waited another three (3) weeks. It came today and will be a keeper. I have to return for a smaller size!  
laugh.gif

Now, for me I like a flip up helmet. I wear glasses and when stopped I can cool off a little. Stopping for gas I just leave it on. Works for me. The plus is the chin guard to keep the air from coming up through the bottom of the helmet. Nice.

Some will swear by the full helmet and that's ok. I just like flip ups. Sorry for the blurry picture. I'm cooking on the grill and diner is at steak. Literally.

I'll road test it later in the week.

runeight...

103_0382.JPG

sweet let me know if it loud? i have a sy-max hjc and it is to loud.
i like the flip up
super.gif

(ranman @ Nov. 28 2006,17:14) sweet   let me know if it loud? i have a sy-max hjc and it is to loud.
i like the flip up
super.gif
yes..I have one also. Noisey. Exchange should be here on Friday.

Helmet City has been great.

runeight...

Looks nice...both in the stylish and design way. I keep thinking about getting a flipper, could be so nice to cool off quick, or chat without the chin bar in the way...

(CAT3 @ Nov. 29 2006,15:44) Looks nice...both in the stylish and design way. I keep thinking about getting a flipper, could be so nice to cool off quick, or chat without the chin bar in the way...
X'2, I going to have to price one!

i had a shoei before i got the hjc i really liked it and would have keep it if it was the right color.

(ranman @ Nov. 28 2006,16:14) sweet let me know if it loud? i have a sy-max hjc and it is to loud.
i like the flip up
super.gif
just talking about how leaky the HJC is. Just about everyone I ride with is wearing one. And yes the vents and mouth piece have been closed for winter. Still getting a lot of air.
crazy.gif

Waiting fo rthe reviews!! Maybe a group buy is in our future on this one.

I've been wanting a flip up to replace my RF1000

Back