Hello to all

majik

Registered
Hello, all Im a 33 year old family man and plan on buying a busa in aug. I have 2 years exp. riding a 600 katana and a cb750 (1974) ,PPl say a busas not for the curves and you have to fight it down to turn. I dont think so but thought I would ask . Whats your MPG on a stock busa? I dont plan to doing tricks or stunts just a everyday driver and a weekend mountain zipper. I live in duluth GA and would love to meet up with some ppl. Peace and love Majik

New to the bus myself. They turn better than those have have not owned one think. They are not however an R6. Sounds like it would suit you perfect.

Welcome, MPG will depend on you, I can usually get about 32MPG, your results may vary.

As for the Busa not turning, tell whoever it is spouting this nonsense that they are full of sh*t and have no idea what they are talking about. Is it a track tool, NO, but you will be amazed at just how well it handles. Turn in is pretty light, and it tolerates mid-corner adjustments very well. Only thing I have really noticed is that the factory settings for the suspension are a bit harsh, for me anyway 215lbs. But really the thing isn't really designed for lightning quick transitions but it will out handle your Katana 600. It's relativley cushy and is an absolute rocket sled.
Now I know you are 33 but I have to ask anyway have you been to the MSF yet? If not I highly recommend it. Also take it easy on the Busa at first, following the break in requirements to the letter will help you there. Once it's Broken in and you are ready to rock just remember to hold on tight...seriously...when your rockin through the gears it will surprise you just how hard it pulls. Enjoy it and treat her right... Your going to have a smile stuck on your mug till it hurts. Promise...

majik Posted on July 09 2003,6:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, all Im a 33 year old family man and plan on buying a busa in aug. I have 2 years exp. riding a 600 katana and a cb750 (1974) ,PPl say a busas not for the curves and you have to fight it down to turn. I dont think so but thought I would ask . Whats your MPG on a stock busa? I dont plan to doing tricks or stunts just a everyday driver and a weekend mountain zipper. I live in duluth GA and would love to meet up with some ppl.       Peace and love Majik [/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board Majik.  I live on the opposite side of town from you.  The 'busa is a remarkable bike.  It handles extremely well for a big sportbike.  It's not an R6, but it does pretty well.  However, you've never felt power like this on your previous bikes, so take it easy and get used to it once it's broken in.  As for riding, I'd be glad to ride with you some time, but also check out www.georgiasportbike.com.  Lots of nice people and good riders.  More than half of this group do a lot of track days, so they're pretty good riders, but they're willing to take it easy on newbies.

Welcome to the board man!

The bus handles just fine... I hang with CBR 600's on the street. And, pass them in an extremely NASTY fashion on the straights.

I get between 29 - 39 MPG depending on my riding style.

-Vaughn.

my Busa does not turn as easy as my previous bike simply because I need to retrain myself.

MPG: highway 49.9 highest, city 32-38ish, 27 worst while trying to break sound barrier several times in row

Welcome to the board. It handles much better than most people think. What ever you can't corner with you can smoke in the straights. MPG on the highway is 38-40 the rest all depends on how hard you ride.

Not as easy in the corners as my old 600, but then i got rid of that didn't I
laugh.gif
... As its been said it not specifically a track tool, but its great all around and handles well in the corners once you get the hang of it. Just about anyone handle a 600 in the corners in my opinion, but it takes a more skilz to handle the weight, power, torque, and longer wheel-base of the busa in the corners with proficiency. One thing I've noticed is that the longer i own and ride a busa the more confident i become in its abilities and handling.

May not handle like a 600, but hey do you really want a 600
rock.gif

I also had a 600 Katana with about 3 years riding experience before I bought a busa. I have put about 7000 miles on it. Has been a great buy.

Welcome,
I'm also from GA but a little north of ya'll. I'm in Rome. If you are ever up in the mtn. or want to be just let me know and we can make a day of it. There are alot of great mtn roads up around here.

Pimpbike

Welcome majik
smile.gif

You'll find a ton of friendly people here for sure. I recently joined as well and was glad I found this awesome community.

I owned a '91 CBR600F2 in 1995 for a couple years.

When I hopped on a Busa and took it for a ride all i can say is maaannnnnnnn, what a big difference in handling and i was actually quite surprised at how little effort the busa was to control. I'm not a totally aggressive rider and sounds like it would be a nice fit for you. You'll probably find the seating position a lot more comfortable than your Katana too. Also, 12 years of technology later than my CBR is a long time....
smile.gif

Take one for a ride, you'll be in love immediately.

smile.gif

Welcome...
This board is the greatest. Very nice people. I just wish I could live closer to some of this folks.

Caution is the name of the game until you get used to her... then let 'er rip. The Busa is a great street handling bike. MPG runs between 40 & 47 depending on how hard I'm riding. Welcome to the club.

Thanks sooo much for the advise and Ill check out the web site and message pimpbike when Im rolling on her .Till then its the cb750 and no way to even think of keeping up. Any one know if there are any places to rent one?

Congratulations on your Busa! I've had mine for about 3 weeks and 1000 miles and think that it's great! Previously was driving a 98 Katana 750. Alot of similiarities in comfort and seating position but DAMN! You just gotta love that power. I really haven't noticed any handling problems. I rode with my son on the back thru the twisties with several people on GSX1000's and had no problem keeping up. I probably couldn't have passed them but I could keep up. Any ground lossed in the turns I could easily make up on the straight aways. Have fun and be careful!

HEY. I AM ENROUTE TO THE MARIETTA AREA. I AM IN THE MILITARY AND THE CURRENT RIDE OPTIONS IN SOUTH KOREA ARE TO SAY THE LEAST "BULLJIVE". I LOOK FORWARD TO RUNNING INTO SOME OF THE GA BUSA FAMILY WHEN I GET THERE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GA RIDING CONSISTS OF AS FAR AS ROADS, MOUNTAINS, THE LAW. SO IT WILL BE SOMETHING ELSE I AM SURE. TALK TO YA LATER.

14 months, just about 21k miles, minor maintenance.  Gotta love this bike.  I run a lot of West Virginia mountain twisties and can do so all day long.  
Longest day:  763miles, 20 hours
Best mpg: 56 running southwest from Killington to Pittsburgh
13: # of months til I drug left peg and lower plastic.
rock.gif
: #of tires destroyed in the meantime.  
Suzuki had better not screw up the next generation.

i just picked up my busa 5 weeks ago , still have an 01 superhawk but dont ride it anymorebut as far as handling goes the busa is a little heavier steering still leans in smooth and sure and no headshake like i got on the honda. buy the zook.

Back