Hello - New Busa Owner...

el stumpo

Registered
Hey All,

I live in NC. In another post I referenced the Hayabusa as my first bike - just kidding
wow.gif

Let's see.. started off many years ago (I'm 38 now) as a little boy (maybe 6?) riding a Yamaha Enduro 80 with my siblings. Only crashed it once, but I also remember attaching a board to it with a rope and pulling people around. Always wondered how we survived without broken bones or killing each other.

A neighbor had an RM80 and rode it once, but never got into the dirt bike scene. Took a break from bikes until late 80s when I picked up a Honda 1000 cruiser from a used car dealer (looked a little like the bike from Purple Rain). Couldn't get the title to it, so he offered to trade it in at their sister MC dealership who sold Yamahas. I bought my first 'real' bike - a V-Max. A brute to be sure, but I loved it. Not having enough respect for it, I totaled it within a year. Was laid up in the hospital for 2 weeks or so and recovered for another couple months.

Took awhile before I picked up a Kawi ZX1000R. Added a V&H 4 into 1 and stage 2 jet kit and had a blast with it. Ended up selling when I relocated.

Moved to NC and bought a Honda Magna. I thought it would have some juice being a 4 cyl 750. Nope. Got rid of that and traded a truck for a Virago 1000. Nope, that has no juice either.

Bought a 2006 Busa LE. Ahhhhh. That has some power to it! Actually, a whole bunch of power!!
AAAssjani.gif

So here I am with a Busa. The pick is one with my son. Bike is stock, it has enough power as it is for me
bowdown.gif

IMG_4588.JPG

Nice bike and nice looking young man as well!
beerchug.gif
Give it a few months and it won't seem as fast to you and then the mods will begin! Ride safe and have fun!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!
beerchug.gif

Nitrousjunkie - How much for the ankle biter? Don't know, how much would you want to take him off my hands? (He likes to ride BTW)
wink.gif

stlbusarider - I was thinking about heading to the bash in September... Looks like a lot of fun! I've only heard of the dragon. Sounds like he commands some respect
pirate.gif

BusaBret You may be right... but can my wallet keep up?? I've seen the prices of some of the 'extras' for the Busa....
SHOCKED.gif

Again, thanks to all and hope to see you on the road. I'm off I85 in Durham if you're in the neighborhood. With three kids, I don't get often, but I may need to change that....

One more pic...
smile.gif

IMG_4592.JPG

Back