Hello and Help please! split cases bike won't start.

sinsiterfiredog

Registered
Hello to all been long time member of forum but never have wrote till now. So here I go. I have managed to drop motor and replace sec gear. Thought I was doing good till I tried to start bike; unsuccessful. Bike cranks but will not start. Couple of issues right off the bat. My transmission seems to be shifting but very hard to do. Goes one up and one down but green light on dash will not light for neutral. Second problem; I got it up on stands tried to start nothing engine cranks and cranks and nothing . Is this a timing issue? Does timing need to be considered after splitting case? I know kind of late now for question. Need help please. Any ideas or what to do next. Maybe a lake to throw it in. Lol. Thanks ahead of time .

Did you take the whole motor apart, or just split the lower end?

I'm going to guess that you forgot to plug something in and now it doesn't start, unlikely that your timing jumped, it would still try to fire if it did jump. Check out your spark plug connections, ignition coils, injectors, etc.

Neutral light is not lighting. It thinks it is in gear, and the kick stand is down. I don't think it will start like that.

I just split the cases. Did not take apart whole motor. Bike definitely thinks it's in gear because if I try and start it without pressing clutch it won't crank over. So I have up on stands and try to start it kickstand up clutch pressed and it turns over but no signs of it wanting to start. I quickly checked plugs were all the way in and looked over connections seems like everything is plugged up. Don't know what to do at this point.

Are you sure the cam sensor is plugged in
Are you sure the crank trigger is plugged in
As for the shifting have trued moving the wheel to help it go into gear, if does not with spinning the wheel you may have missed a shift fork groove.
Also if you have a powercommnander, is it grounded

I hit gear selector all the way down wheel doesn't move. I bring to middle wheel spins freely. I bring all the way up wheel doesn't spin. The only problem is when using gear selector it feels like u have to put a bunch of pressure to move up or down. Is that normal after a tear down or? As far as the other plugs they are all connected. But I belive I just connected the ground and power to bike not the power commander. Hope that is it. Can't find out until two days now; back on shift; firefighter. Will keep posted. Thanks again guys.

I hit gear selector all the way down wheel doesn't move. I bring to middle wheel spins freely. I bring all the way up wheel doesn't spin. The only problem is when using gear selector it feels like u have to put a bunch of pressure to move up or down. Is that normal after a tear down or? As far as the other plugs they are all connected. But I belive I just connected the ground and power to bike not the power commander. Hope that is it. Can't find out until two days now; back on shift; firefighter. Will keep posted. Thanks again guys.
Sound like you need to make sure its shifting correctly first.
Ok at this point, i would pull the complete clutch assembly. Then with the clutch out you can turn the the basket side shaft and make sure it is going thru the gears correctly. If not, you will need to pull the motor again.

When you say complete clutch you mean disk and all internals. Sorry for dumb question. And if so how and what am I looking for?

Then the tranny will turn to see if if it is shifting correctly.
The starting is something not connected correctly

Just a shot in the dark here... Not that familiar with busa tranny innards, but how bout the NSU or equivalent based on other bikes issues.

So...I haven't had time to take apart clutch. But checked all wiring again,power commander hooked up and still no start. Next step is to break clutch down and start from there.

One other thing to check first, what is the voltage at the battery while cranking?? If under 12 volts charge the battery

Ok. so had chance to break apart clutch; the basket spins freely. which i am assuming everything is correct...i went a step further and removed the gear shift system housing.. i then attempted to spin drum which it did a bit one way and a bit another, so i had someone spin clutch basket while i rotated and at one point the drum moved further along the set groves. (i can feel it with finger through water pump hole). My question is; is that normal or should the drum spin freely back and forth without spinning clutch basket? Or is something off here? Also when putting the gear shift system back on bike it reads to check neutral position...How would i go about that? sorry for all the questions. Oh and battery is charged been on a trickle charger.

hello I am an old bike mechanic for Honda and Kawasaki and I have built many transmissions on street bikes the clutch basket spin is to check that the bike will go into each gear and not bind up as you spin the clutch basket you should shift the gear and you will notice the bike went into gear you may have to rock the clutch basket back and forth but the shifter should be smooth not binding and it possible that the shift fork did not go into the gear properly or the casing alignment pins are not properly lined up and binding every thing up..
the bike will not jump timing while doing a transmission. it possible the spark plugs are full of oil because the motor was upside down or the plug coils are in the wrong order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pull the plugs out and look at them, ,, is your fuel pump coming on try getting a spray bottle of gas and once in each throttle body port then try to start and make Shure you have your hand on the kill switch don't let it over rev.... check all fuses check for a broken or pinched wire to the sensor's check the high pressure full lines are properly connected oil pressure switch will stop it from running or the gear selector switch could prevent it from running pulling in on the clutch leaver should by pass all of this,,, smell the spark plugs make sure there is evidence of gas

get a sparkplug and pull one of the coils and put a plug in the coil and ground the thread and try and start it looking at the plug to see it its is sparking of firing

Back