Helibars and Buell Pegs

SpeedFiend

Registered
I've decided to spring for the helibars, and my local HD dealer doesn't carry Buell parts. Soooo, where can I get helibars for cheap, and where can I get the Buell pegs at all?

You can buy the Buell pegs from Joe all set up and ready to go. I don't think you can find the Heli-Bars for cheap, just gotta cough up the 2 bills and be done with it. I got mine from ebay. You might be able to find a used set in the classified sections on various forums, Hayabusa.Org, SuzukiHayabusa.Org, Psychobike.Com

+1 on the heli bars ,, love mine ,, i want the buell peg mods ,but just cant justifie a c note on a set of pegs

I have a brand new set of Buell pegs for sale that I got from Joe if anyone is interested. I will make you a good deal. Just shoot me a PM.

Look at the Soupy's risers. I've had both the risers (GenMar) and the helibars. The Heli's are nicer, but not twice-the-price nicer, at least as far as comfort goes. The Heli's definitely look better and slightly easier to install.

You can buy the Buell pegs from Joe all set up and ready to go. I don't think you can find the Heli-Bars for cheap, just gotta cough up the 2 bills and be done with it. I got mine from ebay. You might be able to find a used set in the classified sections on various forums, Hayabusa.Org, SuzukiHayabusa.Org, Psychobike.Com

+1, got my helibars off ebay too, they were and are $200 everywhere.

Just checked eBay and only new helibars for sale for $208 shipped. Search for "Hayabusa risers" and you'll see the Soupy's for $110 shipped, the GenMar for about $160, and the cheapo spacer kit for only $20 shipped.

Given how popular the Helibars are, you can sell them for a very good price if you ever sell your Busa. One big downside of the helibars is that they bend easily if you dump your bike.

Dude, it's totally worth it. And you paid more than that for your Heli-bars...

yeah i know i just have not done it yet but i did just send a pm on the post above ,,

and i like the helis , not big on risers, the healys do more than just up ,, they are up . out and angled up from end of bar ,, totaly diff and better feel , and you can still get a nice tuck

ill get the pegs in a couple weeks if i dont get them sooner i need to

thanks

y
and i like the helis , not big on risers, the healys do more than just up ,, they are up . out and angled up from end of bar ,, totaly diff and better feel , and you can still get a nice tuck

Yeah, I'm about to order some Heli's because my Soupy's riser, while great, doesn't put the bars close enough to me. If I was 9 feet tall, like Blanca, it wouldn't be a problem. :laugh:

I've got both, and it makes for a MUCH more comfortable seating position...

Soupys with Heli bars are a great combination. Another option is an ABM bar setup or LSL offers a kit too.

I have some of the Soupy's risers. They came on my bike, along with Heli-bars. Only wanted the bars, so took the risers off. I only have the risers themselves, you'd have to dig around a find some longer bolts (the ones the PO used were cheap and had started to rust, so I threw them away). Here in Vegas you can find any metric bolts easy at the McFadden Dale hardware store.

I'd let 'em go cheap, they are just laying in my garage, shoot me a PM if you want them.

Mine came with both Heli's and Soupy's and the cables all reached. Only thing was the fast idle cable had to be rerouted to the left of the steering head and between the two bolts on the front of the tank. No problem. :beerchug:

+1 on the heli bars ,, love mine ,, i want the buell peg mods ,but just cant justifie a c note on a set of pegs

I spent just a little more for some cycle pirates 360 adjustable pegs. I didn't get them in yet but they are a great idea. Their completely adjustable 360 degrees in however much length you want to order them in.

Alright, I actually found a dealer that had the pegs in stock, and the helibars are on their way. I'm already glad I got the helibars because I haven't ridden since August, and my hands are already getting sore after riding for an hour.

Back