Heli Bars

mmmmmm raaaaffflle
all_coholic.gif

(TurboSN95 @ May 09 2007,09:55) My Busa came with the heli bars, didn't even know I had them until my friend pointed it out... my bike is very comfortable, but I really dont know how it was when stock to compare.  All I can say is I like them!  
all_coholic.gif
Believe me, they really make a difference on long distances  
jump9.gif

How much are these helibars anyways? I bought the busa for comfort and if I can make it even MORE comfortable then I want in.

Group buy +3

Well i had a friend with a shop local here talk to them. for them (Heli Corporate) to give any price breaks you (even as a dealer) have to buy at least $2500 worth of product. So unless we have a site sponcer that already does business with them we'd need quite a few to set it up.

Would need at least 14 people if i'm figuring it out right, and even then i'm not sure how much of a break we'd get.

They are $180.00 retail.

These are a must for shorter riders, I'm 6'3" w/ a 78" reach so stock works well for me, gives me a nice isometric workout while riding as well.

A lot of people are saying these are for shorter riders. I'm 6'5" and am interested in them for raising the bars up a little instead of pulling them back. Any feedback? Good idea? Bad idea? I'm a long term rider and want the comfort for the road without going back to a cruiser.

The Heli bars raise the bars about 1 1/4 inch and come back about 1 inch from stock. I'am 6 foot and find them alot more comfortable than the stock bars
beerchug.gif

just got mine on... its surprising that you really do feel less leaned over and adding pressure to your wrist. And honestly you can't even tell anything is there if your not looking for them.

Need to go for a good ride now (if weather would settle down in MI)

Well seeing as no board sponcers have stepped up to help with this. I'll see what i can do. I migh try to PM some of our sponcers that deal with Heli already and see if they can help.

Over the next few days i'll see what i can find out and post a Thread in Group Buy section so we can see actual interest. Also Some have posted that it's not for Big guys, From what i've hear that's not true, the ones i've talked to really like it also.

So i'm going to contact Heli myself and try to find the real deal.

I put Heli-Bars and Hot Grips on this spring. I love them both. I am a little over 6' tall but really wanted to take some weight off my wrists since I am also a heavy guy. They made just enough difference that I don't feel I need to add the Genmar risers that I had planned as well. Also, the hot grips are nice when it is 36 degrees on the way to work in spring.

(dwnhllthng @ May 15 2007,10:19) A lot of people are saying these are for shorter riders.  I'm 6'5" and am interested in them for raising the bars up a little instead of pulling them back.  Any feedback?  Good idea?  Bad idea?  I'm a long term rider and want the comfort for the road without going back to a cruiser.
i added the 1.25 genmar risers and did the buell footpeg mod. really comfortable. i'm 6'1' 290#
ukliam3.gif

Is this a really easy afternoon job to do yourself? I mean other then rerunning the clutch cable between teh tank bolts it seems as though its a bolt on kinda job? Also what is the Buell footpeg mod? I still ride hard on the mtn adn dont wanna be dragging pegs any sooner then I need to, would this cause a problem?

UPDATE:

Ok, i talked to my friend with the shop, and he said for the few $$$ he'd be able to make even ordering them in bulk it really isn't worth his time :/

So unless we can get a board sponcer o step up there is not much i can do.

Sorry all

I sent my original clipons to a board member about two years ago and I really need a stock set to take the Busa to the track. If someone has installed Helibars and would care to part with the "leftovers" please PM me.

Back