GENMAR VS. HELI BARS

jnor

Not a new recruit
Donating Member
Registered
I just took a Gemar 1 1/4" risers off of my bike, I have had them on for 2000 miles. They never really felt like I wanted. I just put a set of Heli Bars on it and just came back from a 50 mile ride it feels great, they don't look like they do much, but I can't believe the difference in the feel and riding position. The Genmars might be better for some people, but the Heli bars feel much better to me, but that's only after a 50 mile ride. I'am going to ride it back to Deals Gap with this setup, and I can tell more after that.

It all boils down to "Individual Comfort" and ergo's that appeal to one rider may not to the next...it might also be noted that the genmar and/or reaper risers RETAIN the draft angle of the stock bars are designed to cause the street riders elbows to "TUCK INWARDS" (as they should be) where conversly, the helibars have considerably less draft angle making the grip angle straighter thereby forcing the riders elbows to "Blow Outwards"...such as is commonly used by dirt bikers where leveraging force is an issue and high speed tucking isn't.

But like I said...it's rider/ergo preference..sometimes "comfort motivated"...for instance...narrow shoulders vs wide shoulders...heck...there's some folks who use both the genmar risers AND the helibars to both reduce the lean forward AND get a wider wrist/grip angle...whatever floats yer boat and gets the job done of customizing your ergo's to.....you.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I'm new here.  (hello to all!)  So, where might I get the best deal on helibars?  What price should I expect to pay? Thanks, in advance.
smile.gif

So is that the only place to get them from? The reason I ask is that some companies sell their products on their own website for a higher price than we can get the item for at a "midleman's" website. Just curious..???

The dealer I bought from offers and sells/installs both GenMar and Helibars. I had Genmars put on before I picked up the bike, they charged $250 installed. It was a bit high compared to doing it myself but easier to just have them on there when I picked it up.

Both companies warn against using straps on the bars for trailering, just keep that in mind. And don't ask me about my trailer woes... Broke a strap on the way home from the dealership.

Back