Heli bars

ibified

Registered
Is anyone out there running heli bars on thewir bikes? I'd like to get some feedback from folks who have them or have had them before. I was looking at them, and I think I would like the riding position i'd get from having them on, but wanted to know what everyone thought.

Might try the search button for more input.

I got em and like them. I actually have them paired with a Genmar riser at the moment. The issue with Helibars for me anyways is that the angle you get from them is.... what you get? Some people dig it and to some it is awkward.

If you have wide shoulders you will like them more than one that doesn't as it moves your hands out about 3/4" each side. Doesn't sound like a lot but it really helped me. Also helps you sit up just a bit straighter. Add the buell peg mod that will lower your feet 1.5" and it gets even better. If you have dreams of being a canyon carver forget I even mentioned the buell pegs

I'm 6' 4", and they helped me a lot. Made for a more comfortable ride.

Heli bars, have'em, love'em, wouldn't want to ride without'em --- NUF SAID  
super.gif

Rear sets, I change mine and put on TL1000R rear set pegs. 1/2 to 3/4" drop and way more comfortabe. I ordered a set of Buell, but I didn't like the way they looked on the bike (Just Me I guess) and gave them to another member who LOVE'EM. They do drop your foot another 1/2" or more though. But they also make your foot go outward 1/2" ! Some really like'em, and some like me, Don't  
beerchug.gif

cycle cat bar risers here...  More adjustable then either the Genmar or Heli systems. Almost infinite in adjustability...  Really, depends  on your budget and riding style though as I've had all three set-ups and they all have there good/bad. Keep us posted...

I'm thinking that I'm gonna order the heli bars and the buell pegs. I'm 6'2, and I think that would make me a lil more comfortable on the long rides. I like to ride, a LOT. I took my bike out for its first ride last Friday, and I'll be doing my 600 mile service this weekend. I'm already a little bit overdue.
super.gif

i got a set of buell pegs and bushings F/S if your intreasted?

You have to modify anything to install them? let me know - if they're in good shape, I'd definitely be interested!

(ibified @ Mar. 14 2007,16:31) You have to modify anything to install them?  let me know - if they're in good shape, I'd definitely be interested!
From the guys that have them, as I recall
wink.gif
,yea, you have to grind a llittle off the bottom inside of them to clear the exhaust pipe ! But on the good side, I have never heard of anyone complaining of Heat
firedevil.gif
on their heels either  
beerchug.gif

i had them on the bike. nothing to do just mount.
just not for me.

(ks-waterbug @ Mar. 14 2007,14:04) cycle cat bar risers here... More adjustable then either the Genmar or Heli systems. Almost infinite in adjustability... Really, depends on your budget and riding style though as I've had all three set-ups and they all have there good/bad. Keep us posted...
Hey what are the Downsides to the Cycle Cats? I have actually been pondering selling off my current bar set up and buying the Cycle Cats. Curious to know what problems you might have had?

Back