heli bars

superbusaman

Registered
well if some of u remember i was complaining about how the busa makes my wrists hurt. i was looking at the heli bars and thinking of getting some. where did u guys order them from? also are there any other kind of bars that you can get? and is 1 1/4 the most you can go? also it looks like if you were to get some longer bolts you could make that riser up yourself i think i saw someone on here do that. sorry for all the questions but any info would help.

Busaman: you can also do GenMar risers, which come in 3/4 and 1 1/4 inch flavors.

Every thing I've heard about them is that the handling doesn't change at all (the bike is still as capable as ever), you just have to get used to the new, more upright stance.

I'd be a bit apprehensive of raising any more than that though, if for no other reason than you're already going to be extending the cables about the their limit. Any farther than that and you have to re-wire/-cable the controls.

Search for converti bars in google or yahoo.
Spiegler makes a triple tree that you can put bars kind of like a dirt bike on top of the the tree with risers.

I have a 2004 and I put the Heli Bars on and I would say if anything the bike handles better with them. I feel like I have more control and the comfort improvement is way more than you would think from only 1 5/8 higher. Easy to install too. I think they are well worth the price.

Genmars rock..
wink.gif

I havethe heli bars 1 5/8" rise, Corbin Seat 1" Lower in the seat, and I lowered the rear 1". VERY COMFY! All I need to do now is the Buell Peg mod to lower the pegs 1" and I'm done. Lotsa work and lotsa mods but Its all worth it.

Nice thing about the Busa is it isn't an either/or proposition. You could go with Helis AND the low (3/4" ?) Genmar. That would give you the nice hand and wrist position of the Helis plus a bit of added height. Add this to a Tobin seat and you have yourself a pretty sweet riding position.

Steve

I have heli's on mine.... they are great.  I've heard great things about the genmars as well... they just look like more work and only raise the bars where the heli's also sweep them back more, are wider and higher.  as for where to get them

$140 + s/h

$150 + s/h

1 5/8" Taller - 1/2" Rearward - 1/2" Wider Overall
stock cables, hydraulic lines & bar end weights retained

HB9902 - $169.95

cool.gif

oh yeah, I've heard of folks using both but that *definately* will require you to replace cables.  Individually, they only require that you reroute them in some cases (worst case)  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: "better links this time"|1113196920 -->

cool.gif

Back