Heli Bars

iceman1000

Registered
Has anyone installed Heli Bars? They make them in Cornish Maine. They are installed to raise the bars up for more comfort and less reach. was thinking about trying some out.

I've had them on all 3 of my Busas,way more comfortable of a ride(especially if you have an extra 30 lbs. of gut to reach over like I have :laugh:).

Heli-Bar on clutch side,OEM on right for comparison;

4-23-2013Heli-Bars004_zpsd7c2bf5b.jpg

4-23-2013Heli-Bars005_zpsf734828f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have them on my 13. Love them. Yea, up and angled a bit differently. They are much more comfortable on the wrists for me for longer riding for sure. Still can hug and lean as before. Once both on, I can't tell the diff visually. I really do not notice a difference in handling, but I put them on at 4000 miles, and this is my first Busa.
Do it!
Troy

Only way this changes handling is if you were stretched out reaching for the bar. This would just give you more leverage to push on the bars since it'll be closer. I have it and wouldn't go back.

How do these work with a lowering top clamp at 3/4" above. I imagine they would hit at lock

The Heli Bars made a massive difference in the comfort level of my Busa, I can easily ride all day now. They are well worth the price.

How do these work with a lowering top clamp at 3/4" above. I imagine they would hit at lock

I have Heli-Bars,Brocks top lowering tree,Puig double bubble screen,and Pazzo levers and at full lock(like doing a tight U-turn)the front brake lever would hit just enough to start applying the front brake and possibly allow you to go down.I'd planned on eventually building up the fork stops by drilling/tapping/adding a small bolt so the thickness of the bolt's head would cure this issue but as a temporary fix just slipped a short(1/2-3/4" long)piece of black rubber hose down over each stop on the lower tree and secured each with a small hose clamp("temporary" fix has worked fine for two years now since I've been too lazy to pull the front end apart so as to have adequate room to be able to do it right :laugh:).If I remember right the upper rear corner of each master cylinder would also kiss the corners of the black plastic inner fairing cover(or whatever you call it)but building up the fork stops cured this also.

4-23-2013Heli-Bars006_zps3a6470c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
are the heli bars pretty simple to install yourself, or should I have a shop do it?

If you have a philips screw driver , metric allen wrenches , and can read/follow instructions you can do it . FYI left grip is glued on so if you dont have a a air compressor to assist in removal of that grip buy you a new pair of grips .

May have to play with your cables a bit to make sure you still have a bit of slack at full lock,I ended up removing that little clamp(clamps the two throttle cables to the frame's neck)but now can't remember if it was for extra slack or if it had something to do with things when I installed the Brocks top tree,etc.(it's hell to get old :laugh:).Easy peasy though bro,if I can do it anyone can.:thumbsup:If you don't have a compressor like c10 mentioned,after you remove the bar end you may also take a thin,flat bladed screwdriver/insert between grip and left bar and roll it around to break the glue loose.

If you have a philips screw driver , metric allen wrenches , and can read/follow instructions you can do it . FYI left grip is glued on so if you dont have a a air compressor to assist in removal of that grip buy you a new pair of grips .

Hairdryer works as well to heat up the left grip for removal as well. That's what I used and no harm to the grip was done!

Or this is a perfect time to do r1 throttle tube. Get the left and right so they match and let this install take 10 minutes.

Just remember to check your brake lines at FULL EXTENSION (i.e., lift your bike off the ground somehow so that you can see how tight they are with the forks fully extended. Some people have had to buy extended brake lines (replacing the OEM lines with SS-lined lines will improve braking power) because they are too tight...

PS..the search engine is your friend :)

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...efinitive-answer-k8-genmar-riser-helibar.html

Back