Heli Bars

MrTwister

Registered
If you're looking for a little more of a comfi ride, Heli is having a $59.00 off sale for the month of March.
I just got mine and I know they will make a difference because I had them on my 01 Busa.

I saw this and rushed to their site. I thought they were under 100 bucks because I always Check eBay, where they are usually listed for $149.! I knew it was too good to be true. Lol! :-)!!
Thanks anyways.!!

Well they were listed at $208.00 and I paid $208.00 from Heli the last 2 days of February and then 2 days later they went on sell for a $149.00. I sent them a email requesting the sale price and they did.
I was very appreciative.

I have heard about them and have been reading about them for awhile. I am 6'3" and am worried that it will change the air flow on the bike to hit me the wrong way.

Does anyone have them that is my size? Should i replace the windscreen to block the wind from hitting me in the chest.
Would really appriciate the help. :-)

I have heard about them and have been reading about them for awhile. I am 6'3" and am worried that it will change the air flow on the bike to hit me the wrong way.

Does anyone have them that is my size? Should i replace the windscreen to block the wind from hitting me in the chest.

I have the exact same question. let see if we can get some more answers

I am 6'2" and yes there was a change to the airflow that bothered me for a week. I have a Double Bubble screen. I seemed to have made some sort of adjustment to my posture that has made the wind less noticeable after a few rides but for me I did notice being up in the breeze a little more right after installing the bars. I am curious about the Zero Gravity touring screen but havent got one yet to see how that combo works.

I'm 6 foot 4. Got heli bars, Buell pegs, corbin seat and double bubble screen. Love the setup. Definitely recommend to tall riders.

I'm 6 foot 4. Got heli bars, Buell pegs, corbin seat and double bubble screen. Love the setup. Definitely recommend to tall riders.
Thanks for the feedback. I will pick some up and install them. What brand double bubble screen are you using and do you like it.

Anyone got before & after pics of these installed? Just bought a 2011 Busa and am looking for a little help in this area. Unlike you monsters :) I'm only 5' 6" so... yea... :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback. I will pick some up and install them. What brand double bubble screen are you using and do you like it.
I had a set on my 01 Busa and just installed a set on my 09 with 5/8" aluminum blocks under the triple tree and have the Puig Z- racing screen ( or Double Bubble ). With this setup I had to trim a 1/4" up by 4" long off the bottom edge of the screen where it meets the faring so my light dimmer and kill switches didn't hit. I originally went with the Zero Gravity Sport Tour screen and ended up breaking it after about 10 minutes of use. Totally my fault and no I don't want to talk about it.:banghead: It did give me great wind protection without any buffeting and lots of room around my dash for my radar detector and I had a better view of my instruments. But I thought it took away the sporting look from the bike and is pretty thin materiel. Although the Puig is a lot smaller than the Zero gravity St screen, it was cheaper in price, a lot thicker materiel with a nice piece of molding around the edge of it, and just looks fantastic on the bike. I wish that Puig made a taller screen but couldn't find one. [/QUOTE]

Ordered a few days ago and they're set to be delivered tomorrow. I'm SO excited! I hope they're more functional than the hype. :please:

Got the bars and had them installed in about 25 min. Super easy.
Went for a 20 mile ride, impressed with the difference. Not huge but noticeable.
geometry wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I did twist the bars toward the busa
As I tightened the bar clamps. Can't wait for my first long ride.

Back