Heli Bars w/ Spencer Triple Tree

Disturbed1

Registered
Hello all"¦ Did a search with no conclusive answers. I have a Spencer Cycle top Clamp / Triple Tree on my bike. My bike is lowered a half to three quarters of an inch in the front for better handling, but it has also moved my handlebars lower and forward. I've had it this way for quite a while, now I'm not saying I'm getting older"¦ But, I'm looking to add Heli bars to this set-up to possibly ease my fragile state of age. Has anyone tried this? How has it worked? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Spencer Top Clamp
SP-2501-2.jpg

Heli Bars
TS3702-3.jpg

No.
Assuming you don't modify the upper part of the inner fairing, the master clyinder of the brake does not have enough clearence.

cheers
ken

Do what I did. Ditch the Spencer top clamp, install a OEM style chrome or polished upper with a Genmar riser or spacers. It'll bring the bars back toward you and make it SO much more comfortable.

I came across this thread while searching and even though it's old, figured I'd add to it.

I have both the Spencer triple, Helibars and even aftermarket levers and mine clears. it's very close, but does.

Do what I did. Ditch the Spencer top clamp, install a OEM style chrome or polished upper with a Genmar riser or spacers. It'll bring the bars back toward you and make it SO much more comfortable.

I had an aneurism procedure a few years back and there was some nerve damage to the artery at the base of the skull and neck. I've never had a problem with the bars as I have very long arms but now, the angle at which I have to keep my head, especially going downhill slowly, just kills my neck. I have a stock 06. Suppose risers would help? Don't want to modify too much but I've got to raise my body position so my neck doesn't have such an angle in order to see the road. I can see the trees along the road but not the top of the trees if you know a what I mean.

Back