Adjusting Forks on Lowering Triple tree

superchargedv8

Registered
I lowered the bike today put the links in the back (the ones with the three holes of adjustment). I used the middle hole in the links, as far as the front goes i got a spencer cycles lowering triple tree. As far as adjustment goes up front should i just leave the top of the forks flush with the triple tree or have them extend thru the tree a little ways out? I just don't wanna throw the bike out of whack too much.

Anything you do to the suspension will take away from it. If all you do is ride the bike it shouldn't matter. Lower it as far as you want. Hard parts will touch a lot sooner and you might find yourself dragging hard parts, especially riding two up.

Lowered my front forks on my 09 by slipping the fork tubes up thru the triple tree, made the bike handle like a turd.:banghead: But if your not into twisties its fine.

yeah I'm not into the twisty stuff...im in a city environment....i left the forks flush with the triple tree and its alright....just wanted to know if there was an amount i should drop it to keep the bike level since the rear dropped....and i don't ride 2 up

I would start with 1" and go from there... Hint... To raise the front end back up you will need a front stand that goes under the triple tree rather then under the fork tubes.. Just a hint before you start lowering. If you dont have a front triple tree stand be sure you drop in small increments to get what your looking for.... Kinda like the measure twice and cut once.. If you do then drop and if you go to low raise it back up.

I have mine in the middle hole in the back and the forks tubes are about 3/8 of an inch through the tree. It give it a little rake towards the front and for me it looks great. Make sure you get the even. I used a depth mic. Here is mine

DSC_0007.jpg

Back