Clip-ons, Risers, or lowering triple tree?

RR Blue

Registered
I have a kind of a problem and I can't make up my mind so I figured I would ask. I want to lower the front of my bike and I don't know what to use clip-ons, risers, or lowering triple tree. I would like some pros and cons also pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RR Blue???

The risers will be less expensive but will limit the amount of drop to the hight of the riser. The lowering tripple lets you slide the fork tubes without a limit (there are other things that will limit your drop) and may look better.

i did risers because i made my own & was on a budget @ the time. pro - it puts the bars closer to you so you're not stretched out as far as if you did new tripple tree. con - at full lock the levers barely touch the trim panels behind/under the mirrors (not a big deal IMO).

if i were to do it again, i'd probably get "slammers" from trac dynamics.

TRACSTORE - Slammerz Fork Lowering Kit

I used a lowering triple tree....I'm satisfied with how it came out.

2012-09-03crop.jpg

By lowering the front, it will not be as comfortable as compared to stock set up for long touring distances.

By lowering the front, it will not be as comfortable as compared to stock set up for long touring distances.

wut?
It will change nothing in the ergo of the riding position unless you use a riser, then it will make it closer to a sport touring bike.

Back